Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How many dresses did you try on?

Lynnie, on January 11, 2018 at 16:38 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26

How many dresses did you try on before bought your wedding dress?

Did you find it right away, or try on hundreds? Smiley shame

How many dresses did you try on? 1

Photo by Fabrizio Belardetti Photography in Vancouver

For more conversations about dress shopping, check out:

Who are you taking dress shopping with you?, How did you know your dress was "the one"?, and Are you keeping your wedding dress a secret?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Kyla, on January 22, 2018 at 00:35
  • Kyla
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Kyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1. It was it Smiley smile
  • Megh
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Megh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

About 30 before I found "the one". But then I decided to keep looking as I had more appointments set up and I wanted to make sure I had the "right" dress, so I ended up trying on about 100 before actually purchasing.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on 5 or 6 before I found the one. It was spur of the moment. I went into David's bridal with my mom just to look, super overwhelming so made an appointment for later that day. My best friend, who is also maid of honour, was super upset I didn't take her, pulled a fit about it. Didn't want to be in the wedding, changed her mind but hasn't really planned anything with me because I chose the dress without her. She's still salty about the whole situation and it's been about 7months.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a store not expecting to buy that day but i fell in love with the dress, I can't wait to put it on again! I tried on about 10 and liked 3 of them. When i put THE one on for a second time and put on the veil i teared up and couldnt stop smiling. 😊
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5-7 and I fell in love with the last one and it wasn't exactly what I was going in for either. I was totally fixated on a tulle sequenced bottom dress but ended up with a sequence/ beaded top and bottom and less heavy but designer apparently. That didn't matter to me just I knew once they put that veil on. All in one shop too.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had planned to try on about 10-15, but being that I am a very busty girl, most sample sizes didn’t fit at all (so frustrating). I think I tried on 6 or 7 and I loved two (3rd and 7th) at two different stores...which made the decision so hard. But in the end I chose the one that was more romantic and suited the mountain wedding. Now just nervous abou the alterations and alll the lace!!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t gone dress shopping yet. I know what style I want. I don’t want to try on that many but I have a feeling with my sister she will be making me try on a few.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t gone yet, I go in April but I plan to try on each silhouette and see what I like best and go from there. Hopefully I don’t have to try on too many cause I’m not a huge fan of dress shopping normally
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went shopping yesterday for the first time and totally did not expect to find my dress! I think I tried on around 15 dresses from 3 different shops. The last shop we went to I almost didn’t want to stay because the dresses all appeared to be very glitzy but we found one simple, classy elegant dress. The only one I tried of the 6 I picked. When it was on I just knew!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha probably like 80! So many! And I bought 2!!!!
  • Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like 50. looked at 100s online and went to 3 boutiques. I don't like shopping so getting a dress was the most stressful part of my planning process.
  • Kellie
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Kellie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first dress I tried on I fell in love in, but I tried on 5 in total just to be sure!

• Kyra
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Kyra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've tried on about 50! Went to 5 shops... Still haven't decided yet... I think I've narrowed it down to 2...
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I tried around 10-15 dresses. My dress was the second or third I tried on and fit like a glove! I was originally worried it was too sexy since it had cutouts and big leg slits but it ended up being magical and romantic.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First one I tried on, I loved it immediately! It's the one I ended up picking! But, I did try on eight others at two different stores. None compared to that first one though! One came close, but ultimately, the first one is the one I wanted my fiance to see me in!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have not gone dress shopping yet but I want to try on a good variety, but I don't want to try on too much that I get confused.
  • Lea
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Lea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say 25, 10 at the first store, 10 at the second, made a second appointment for my family to come to the first place because it was an amazing experience (Ballet's Bridal) then only a few at the second meeting, my dress helper lady picked it based on my first visit and it ended up being THE DRESS. Hooray!!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like 40? I wanted to try a few dresses of each type so I won’t exclude anything. And when I decided to go by a specific designer I tried everything of that designer on.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I tried on....10-14 in total?

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried on around 10 I think all together.

I went to three stores total and found my dress in a store I never in a million years thought I'd by from.

• Carly
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I called my M.O.H and said hey wanna try on dresses and she was like yesss so then we went to one bridal shop tried on 7 dresses and the last one fit perfectly i got it for half off because it needs no alterations she got her dress for 75.00 and mine was originally 1970.00 but got it for 970.00

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to two locations and tried on maybe 10 dresses if that.

Once I found my dress, I knew.

And can you believe I almost didn't try it on because I didn't like the way it looked on the hanger, and the colour had a blush undertone in the sample which I did not want.

Goes to show you ... just try it on!

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to two stores and tried on about 20-25 total. I tried on similar ones after I found "the one" just to make sure. I can't wait until it comes in in march !
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im going shopping this weekend wish me luck! Ill let you know how many I tried on!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress was literally the second dress i tried on. The first was my moms wedding dress from when she got remarried 4 years ago that i hoped to alter to fit me, but the dress was wayyyyy too small for me.
    I tried on a third dress after and realized i wouldnt like anything more than the second one so i bought it Smiley smile
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had on MANY as I modelled them in wedding shows. I knew once I put that one on that it had to be mine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics