Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How many days are you taking off work??

Lynnie, on October 27, 2017 at 12:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

How many days are you taking off work for the wedding and honeymoon?? Are you taking off any days leading up to the wedding?

I had total wedding brain the week before my wedding and I'm not sure I got anything done at work Smiley shame

How many days are you taking off work?? 1

How many days are you taking off work?? 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 00:27
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only took 10 days off
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we'll be taking 5 days off for the wedding, since we have to travel across the country.

As for the honeymoon, that's still up in the air. We'd like to take 10-12 days for a bigger adventure, but I have pretty strict vacation restrictions at work during the winter (it's our peak time).

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We took off the Thursday and Friday before our Saturday wedding.

And then we took off the Monday.

We haven't had a honeymoon next.

I wish we'd taken off more time before the wedding. I was so stressed and not focused even a little bit.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to be taking off 2 weeks in total, starting about 4 days before the wedding.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a student, so I'm just going to take the month between the end of exams and the wedding to get ready to move and to do last minute wedding planning.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got married on a Saturday out of town. I took the Wednesday to Friday before the wedding off and then the Monday and Tuesday following the wedding. We haven't gone on our honeymoon yet.

• Natalie
    Beginner March 2018 British Columbia
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was initially planned for a Sunday, and I was going to take the Monday off; my boss laughed at the idea of that as it's insufficient! We've changed it to Saturday and I'll take a few days before and a few days after. Honeymoon will be later in the year, likely 10 days, no set plans yet.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married on a Sunday so I took the Saturday off work and then 2 weeks after that for the honeymoon.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took 2 weeks, which was a good amount of time for both the wedding and down time afterwards.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up quitting my job because I was being harassed. However before everything went down at work, I was going to take off 16 days...a few days before the wedding, some for after the wedding and then a week for the honeymoon!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get three weeks vacation so my plan is to take off the week before the wedding and the two weeks after.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankfully my work gives you 3 free days for weddings so since I'm usually off Thursdays and fridays, I used my 3 days for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I also got sick after the wedding so I called in sick Tuesday too lol.
    For the honeymoon we are going in December and I'm gone for 10 days. Can't wait!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be taking a full week off before the wedding to visit with out of town family and finish up diy projects and prep food. Wedding is on a saturday.. Will probably go back to work monday or tuesday. Annnd i will be taking 2 months off later in the summer/fall for our delayed honeymoon to Scotland/ireland/ wherever else we decide to go! Smiley smile
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I will take 2 days off for the wedding and hopefully a week for honeymoon. Have no real plans for honeymoon yet though!
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married on a Saturday so I am taking the Friday off possibly Thursday off , and going on a week honeymoon to the Bahamas.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married on a Friday so I will be taking a half day on the Wednesday and of the Thursday/Friday. We are going on a two week honeymoon right after so I will be off for 2.5 weeks!!!! I have never been off work that long and I cannot wait!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics