Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

How many colours in your wedding colour palette?

Tunisha, on April 1, 2022 at 21:17 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 98
Hello lovey people 👋🏾 😍

Hope you all are having a great time planning your wedding or had a magical wedding.
Let’s talk wedding colour palette 🎨! How many colours did you have or are you having in your wedding??
For our wedding, we had burgundy (bridesmaids dresses and wedding sign), grey (groomsmen suit), gold (decor), and white/cream (flowers/linens). I never thought about all the details except that the dresses should be burgundy and suits grey, everything else had to compliment those colours. Haha!
Decor:How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 1How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 2
Bridal party - grey and burgundy:
How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 3
Let me see or hear about your colour palette…

98 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on June 28, 2022 at 13:29
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much Tunisha.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is soooooo beautiful and dreamy Rebecca!
    I would say go with it and get your items for this. Very much h dark and dreamy!! 😍😍
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh those are beautiful colours and ideas Julie!!
    Thank you for sharing. Also love the order schedule you had there. Hahaa. That’s too funny, but happy you found your items/colours you wanted
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

we have 5. if anyone else has used this color pallet i would love to see Smiley smile

How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 4

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 5

Wow there are so many great ideas! I had to grab my MOH's dress first as she was super picky (my daughter) 🤣 We finally went with an emerald green dress for her. Every other colour washed her out. then i found My dress, a light gold/ivory. The FH came third lol, and he wanted a light grey suit. Want to keep it very simple but elegant so that everything goes well together. Emerald green, some gold and off white. How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 6

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhh okay.
    Yes, that’s beautiful cake. Wishing you all the best in your planning!
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We haven't decided on our caterer yet, so we haven't chosen the cake. I would love to get something similar if possible, though Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Abbhhhh that’s amazing!!!!!
    This is so BEAUTIFUL. Love the idea!!!! 😍😍👏🏾👏🏾 Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Brae
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Brae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve always been a fan of rainbows and my dress is pretty much every colour so it made sense to build on that theme. We are doing coloured tables instead of numbers with rainbow centrepieces and a rainbow flower arch for the ceremony How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 7

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh that’s amazing! Very beautiful Sarah. Thank you for sharing.

Will you do the cake similar to that?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Owweeee that sounds beautiful Brae.
    What made you guys decide on pastel rainbow 🌈??
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s really amazing!!
    Thank you so much for sharing that!! Love how oh came up with the ideas. 👏🏾👏🏾
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found these really beautiful pictures online with blue and purple orchids, so we’re planning on making those the main colours. We’ll complete with lits of white and maybe some silver accents or rose gold (because the wedding rings are rose gold)

How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 8

How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 9

• Brae
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Brae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing pastel rainbow, so: pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple

• Courtney
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiance's favourite colour is olive green and I'm a huge plant lover. I basically told him the entire theme is just going to be ferns. I always wanted something classic but slightly rustic so the white, black and stained wood just seemed to fit. I basically want our wedding to feel like a scene from Jurassic Park without straight up having dinosaurs (although I am tempted to include dinosaurs somehow haha)
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh that sounds beautiful Courtney!!
    Thank you so much for sharing.

What made you come up with your ideas of choices and colours?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Happy to hear. 🙏🏾😁
    You’re so welcome!! 💕💐
  • Courtney
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our primary colour is going to be olive green, and then we're going to keep in pretty neutral with lots of white and accents of black and dark stained wood. All of our signs will be stained wood, we're only doing ferns and moss for greenery, and then our centrepieces are going to be alternating between 3 pillar candles in tall glasses or black/white lanterns.

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooooh I ❤️ the first 2
    Thanks so much!!!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhhhh that’s amazing!!!
    So happy that you have your vision For the perfect day. So exciting!! Love it! 😍👏🏾
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Stephanie 👋🏾
    Owweee, I would say a navy, dusty blue, masala and green? Check these out. Let us know
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 10
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 11
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 12

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just starting to figure out the colors but definitely will have earl gray roses with the ladies dresses in that shade..maybe a bit more lilac. My fiancé wants to wear gun metal grey. So most likely going with grey, lilac, blush, cream, silver and black accents ( we love the Raiders 😆). My sister is our florist so the sky's the limit for flowers!! Feels like we all have our visions for our perfect day!! https://images.app.goo.gl/pkgcg854fmmmbbvy7
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't picked yet, there are so many gorgeous colour combinations.
    Middle of August outside (weather permitting), very laid back affair.
    Any suggestions????
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Audrey! And thank you so much for sharing your colours and details. These are lovely colours and I’m sure you can’t wait to see how it turns out eh. 😍😍.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Owwwer that’s beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. How did you choose those colours?
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding colours are pink, silver and white accentsHow many colours in your wedding colour palette? 13

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many beautiful palettes shared in this thread. I'm having a summer wedding and went with dusty blue for bridesmaids, a sort of bright Navy for the men's suits, with accents in blush pink (and a bit of brighter pink in the bouquets) and champagne/gold. Something like this bit the gold more muted.
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 14

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh wow lovely!!!
    Love the plan and all of what goes where. This sounds beautiful Eryn. Excited for you!! 👏🏾👏🏾 And your FH sounds so cute trying to match you. Love it!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s so lovely!! Happy to hear, it really would look great and compliment everything.

You’re so welcome! Anytime you have any other question, do not hesitate at all!
  • Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a little all over the place haha. Still in a little bit of a WIP but it's getting there.

Mixed all colours: My bouquet has all the colours and the holding ribbon area will be gold as well as the flower centerpieces (tall ones for the guest tables, a running garland across the head table, and on an archway backdrop at the head table behind FH and I to highlight us). My bridesmaid's bouquets will have a mix of blush and white flowers with the gold wrap. I'll be doing something mixed for the favors and such. In my centerpieces I have D&D dice sets floating in it (my FH and I love playing it and brought us together) so each centerpiece has a different colour in the red, blush, white, or gold which guests can have if they want (or raffle for)!

Burgundy: Mainly in flowers and my bridesmaid dresses (so their dresses make up for the fact they don't have burgundy in the bouquets and accent it), bridesman's dress shirt, and the groom/groomsmen's tie and pocket square.

Blush: The groomsmen's boutonnieres for sure! Still trying to see about maybe doing more without being too much!

White: The table linens and tablecloths as well as the groom's boutonniere (he wanted to match my flowers and my dress which is too cute).

Gold: I'm planning on having wooden cut names for my guests on their table setting and a bunch of smaller things around. Not sure what yet!

• Lisa
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I thought shades of pink would clash! The other groomsmen are wearing kilts as well. ( wool in the summer 🤦🏽‍♀️) I love reds. Thank you for the advice! 🙏🏼
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Lisa! 🥰🙏🏾
    Ahhhhh that’s pretty cool!

Question: are the groomsmen wearing kilts as well or suits?
    Also, I would say that the bridesmaid wear red dresses while the groomsmen wear black or green…
    Look at these ideas…How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 15
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 16
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 17Or I love this blush dress idea as well for the bridesmaids.
    How many colours in your wedding colour palette? 18

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics