Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Expert November 2019 Ontario

How many bridesmaids?

Victoria, on December 16, 2017 at 18:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

How many bridesmaids is everyone having? Right now I'm at nine... People keep telling me I'm nuts, but I just can't picture my day without all of these ladies! So far I have:

My sis as MOH, my 3 friends from home (we've all been besties for 14 years or longer), my best friend from undergrad, my FH's two sisters, and my two besties from law school.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on December 19, 2017 at 22:31
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah - smart move then.

I think I would have done the same but my FSIL literally hasn't said a word about being a bridesmaid and doesn't seem upset. Just my FMIL is lol.

I think it will be nice for you to have such a big group for support! That morning is going to be exciting and nerve wrecking lol.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL so dumb.

I've decided that this particular FSIL's wrath will be worse than just tolerating her in my bridal party. Trying to be nice lol.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I'm glad someone else is in this boat. It's so tough! I like his family, but I just didn't want her as a bridesmaid!

His mum told me it comes off like I hate her, and how are they going to explain to FSIL kids why their mum wasn't in our wedding photos... ummm.. she'll be in all the family wedding photos.. which would be the ones her kids see anyway?

So silly. So much pressure around bridal parties.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not overly worried about gifts; in the grand scheme of things wont be a huge cost.

I hear you RE: FSIL. I wanted to include one, but not the other. That would create LARGE problems. And FH wants FSIL's husband as a groomsman. Sadly Im stuck with her lol.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If those people are important to you that's all that matters. That seems like so many too me, but I don't have siblings and I don't have a large group of friends haha.

I have 4 bridesmaids.. my FMIL is upset with me for not including my FSIL as a bridesmaid... it started a huge issue actually. However I'm not close with my FSIL and neither is my FH. We are going to ask her to do a reading though so hopefully that will help.

Just remember that people typically do bridesmaids gifts, so that could add up for you!

• Stephanie
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably have three! Sister as maid of honour, cousin and best friendSmiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had my two best friends as my BMs. I think you can have whatever number makes you happy.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally I had my sister as matron of honour and two of my friends but last month I added another one of my good friends. I realised I couldn't imagine not having her by my side that day.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 4 bridesmaids and they are all family Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is perfect I also have 2 hair stylists and 2 MUAs!

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have two MUAs and two hairstylists so hopefully we will be fine! Might just have to start early, but oh well.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 6 girls in my wedding party so you are not nuts for having 9, just keep in mind timing for getting ready day of. that is the only hiccup I have ran into with having a larger bridal party.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that looks beautiful. And I am also very excited to see what my bridesmaids pick, they are also so very different So I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im letting my girls pick their own dresses!!! Theyre all such different people and I cant wait to see what they all pick! My friend had 15 plus a junior bridesmaid... We all teased her about her "bridesarmy" but they just looked like they had the best time!!

Here they are, all 16 of them! ahaHow many bridesmaids? 1

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my bridesmaids had 9 or 10 I believe and she was so happy. She loved having that much of her closed girls up there with her. For my self I prefer a small number but that's just for my wedding. I love seeing big wedding parties, especially when they can pick their own dresses! Looks beautiful.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am letting my bridesmaids pick their dresses, and will not be covering the cost (that way they can budget control the dresses themselves). So cost won't really be a factor!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There's no official number, it's however many you want to have be there to support you on your big day. And if budget isn't an issue then no need to worry about the numbers either.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my MOD, and 4 bridesmaids. They all mean the world to me.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having four! Originally was going to have five but my sister and I had a falling out. Definitely important people in my life 😊
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha my friend had 15 and a junior bridesmaid!!! So we’re not THAT crazy
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 8. Same deal, I couldn't imagine cutting it down from that number. I think we are lucky to have a large support system but yes a little crazy. Haha.
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just one, my sister as my maid of honour.
  • Heather
    Frequent user May 2018 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having three each. I am one of four girls so I have all 3 of my sisters, my FH has his brother, his best friend and my brother.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 5! And i would be super sad if i couldnt have then all!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 3. We were originally only going to go with 1, best man and MOH, but we decided that was too small. I have very few close friends so chosing 3 was a bit of a stretch for me. But FH couldn’t go with 2 (he said he couldn’t ask his second without asking his his third) and we wanted even numbers, so 3 it was. I have my little sister as my MOH, I have my childhood best friend, and a mutual friend of FH and myself.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having three. It was tough to choose but we decided we wanted to keep our party small.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics