Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long is your train?

Joey, on October 26, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Are you wearing a dress with a train? Or a cape with a train like this groom did? If so, how long is your train? What is it made of?

Something gorgeous and grand?

How long is your train? 1

Photo by Luxx Nova in Vancouver

Something delicate with just a bit of drama?

How long is your train? 2

Photo by Creations Behind the Lens in Nepean

Or going train-free?

How long is your train? 3

Photo by Sweet Currant Video & Photo in Calgary

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 30, 2018 at 21:30
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really don't want a train (because I hate bustles), but I love the look of them. SO, I'm torn and probably won't do more than a sweep.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never saw myself in a dress with a train, but as soon as I tried it on I knew I had to have it!

How long is your train? 4
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t bought a dress yet but ones I’ve trued on have had fairly long trains and I loooove them. The longer the better for me 🤗
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would like to say mine is in between a long train and no train. Good happy medium for me! Long enough to notice the details in the train while walking down the isle. But short enough that once it’s bustled it won’t make my butt look massive lol
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish my train was longer!!! but just not practical in the snow haha

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is a few feet!!! And has a ton of layers I have no idea how or if I can bustle it hahah!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How long is your train? 5

I had a small train, but I actually cut some of it off.. the tulle extended past the lace and I didn't like it lol.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it really bad that I don't remember at all. and I didn't get a back picture. hahaha I think there is a small bit of one. but its rounded due to shape of skirt. hahaha

• Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is pretty long but I wanted a train

How long is your train? 6
  • Julia
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine isn’t huge but it’s definitely longer than I thought I originally wanted for my farm wedding. But I LOVE literally every else about the dress and the details in the train are so pretty that it’s grown on me Smiley smile

How long is your train? 7
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is mine! I definitely wanted a train but I did not want it super long and annoying.

How long is your train? 8
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How long is your train? 9

This was mine. It's not pulled out all the way, but the veil did end up being a little longer than the train!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't gotten to see precisely how long mine is - the only picture I really have is of me standing on the little 4" riser they use in the bridal shop. I think it will end up being a chapel length train.

How long is your train? 10

• Lauren
    Curious August 2019 Manitoba
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress has a cathedral length train. I’ve always pictured walking down the aisle in a long flowy train(so has my father) so that’s exactly what I’ll be doing! I think all trains, including dresses with next to no train or no train at all are beautiful. It’s not about what others think. It’s about how you feel, it is YOUR wedding after all.

How long is your train? 11
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My train isn't over the top, but fairly long! Will definitely be bustling for the dancing!

Back of DressHow long is your train? 12

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has a fairly long train as far as modern wedding dresses go... I'm super excited for some of the more dramatic photo ops!!! Even trying on the sample at the store provided some nice shots.

How long is your train? 13

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might end up with a barely-there train, but I'm not decided yet. I still have a couple of months to decide, while my dress is being ordered!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, I don't think mine is over the top long but it's not delicate and short either - it's more in-between at a good medium length. Enough that I can move it around myself but also need help if I want it to be perfect because I can't reach it to place it. I figure you only have one wedding so why not??? Not like I'm going to do much with my dress after the big day... still haven't decided whether I would resell it or use it somehow...

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Train free. My dress is ankle length now and will most likely be shortened to tea length. We are getting married standing in the water and I didn't want anything to happen to the dress (or me!). I love how romantic a bit of a train is, but I hate the idea of it getting ruined because of the setting of my wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics