Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long before the wedding did you pick your colour scheme?

Joey, on March 19, 2018 at 07:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

We're once again talking about wedding planning timelines - compare your timeline with us and share your advice with those who are still crossing items off their to-do lists.

Let's start with one of your first big decisions - how long before the wedding did you pick your wedding's color scheme?

How long before the wedding did you pick your colour scheme? 1

Photo by LaMemoir Photography in Toronto

>> Click here to go to the next question, How long before the wedding did you create your wedding website?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on June 19, 2018 at 14:07
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Within the first couple months. I went back and forth on different ones but ended with tiffany blue.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had always pictured using purple as one of my colours and as soon as I found one that fit my theme i decided.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found our colours serendipitously during a walk.
  • Christine
    Curious July 2020 New Brunswick
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked out our colors as soon as we started talking about getting married, and it has not been a surprise to anyone, as they are my favorite colors. I am very lucky my FH has agreed, as one of the colors is bright pink!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had colours picked prior to our engagement, then when it came time to actually think about what colours he wanted his groomsmen in, or his accent colours, and knowing the time of year/city, etc, we changed our minds.

We have stuck with that colour palette now since a month after the engagement, so about a year in advance.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We pucked our colours the moment th invitations were picked out and pride flag colours as table decor.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew mine before getting engaged and my fiance just rolled with it lol. Super glad they worked with the venue! Teal and Purple!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think when I decided on my dress color, so since the beginning haha (will be engaged 2 yrs)

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think when you book your venue that is the next step in the wedding, most of us probably already know what colours we would like by the time we book. Also it could depend on the venue or the season. Some might want to coordinate the colours to the theme of the event space- i am thinking of doing a barn wedding in the fall so i am going to want bold dark colours.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Before I even met my fiancé! Haha i’ve Known for awhile what I wanted and luckily my fiancé has agreed with me so far!
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked the colour scheme early on after wwe booked the venue. Hopefully it comes together on the wedding day Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've always known what colours I wanted, so I didn't really have to think about this luckily.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our shortly after booking our venue. What I envisioned seemed to change with the seasons, so I decided to go with something neutral and stick to it haha.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked ours when we went to visit a venue and they were already set up for an event in black and white. Fiance loved it and I had no particular color in mind so I was fine with it. That was about 8 - 9 months pre-wedding.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think weve always know what the colours would be-- hunter green is our favorite colour and garnet/burgundy is the colour of our birthstones.. so before we were ever venue shopping we knew.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked out colours immediately. However, we quickly ended up changing them when we went into the venue and realized just how silly it would look. Then everybody seemed to be picking those colours. We are glad we changed our minds.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm currently in the process of picking our colour scheme. It all depends on when we book our florist/decorator/linens person because those colours we pick will be it! (we're booking it in a week and wedding is 16.5 months away)

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked our colour scheme a few months after we booked our venue. I knew what colours I wanted as soon as I saw the venue but we checked out some other colour schemes in case I fell in love with a different one but we stuck with our original choice of purple, navy blue, beige and gold
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked the colour scheme about 9 months into the planning but we've changed it 2x now.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our colours picked out before we booked the venues. So we made that decision pretty early
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our colour scheme a few months into planning so about 5-6 months before the wedding.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked mine a few months into being engaged! it might change closer to the time I actually have to put it in place. It would be a navy blue and either grey or black.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics