Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long before the wedding did you choose your special songs?

Joey, on March 19, 2018 at 07:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

We're once again talking about wedding planning timelines - compare your timeline with us and share your advice with those who are still crossing items off their to-do lists.

Your processional, your first dance, your grand entrance... how long before the wedding did you choose your special songs?

How long before the wedding did you choose your special songs? 1

Photo by Bongo & B Entertainment in Vaughan

>> Click here to go to the next question, How long before the wedding did you choose your flowers?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on June 19, 2018 at 14:09
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Within 4 months of being engaged.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 11 months until the wedding and my FH leaves for 7 months soon so hopefully we will figure out the details like this before he leaves.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 10 months to go, and we have tentatively talked about a couple of the songs. We will need to narrow them down 100% eventually... but that's something that can be changed pretty easily in the next several months.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve got just under two years to go and I’ve started thinking about it because I love music so it’s exciting. The only one I’ve decided on is Pachabel’s “Canon” to walk down the aisle to. It’s what I’ve envisioned since I was a kid so it was an easy choice
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The week of the wedding 🙈
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve had our first dance song picked out for months and I know what song I want to walk down the isle too but we don’t have anything else picked out yet.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew our first dance song and my father-daughter dance song right away! My husband and I had been playing the "if this was our wedding..." game at other weddings for years, so some things we already had nailed down. Smiley shame

The processional, prelude, and reception entrance songs were pretty easy decisions for me, but I didn't even think about those until 2-3 months before the wedding.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't picked first dance song yet (DJ only needs it the week before the wedding, but I feel like I'll want to have that sorted at least a month in advance). Our ceremony songs have all been shortlisted so we just need to finish narrowing it down (all instrumental on piano/cello). Haven't even considered reception entrance songs yet!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't started thinking about songs yet, wedding is over a year and a half away so I feel like there's lots of time

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First dance song, we agreed on before we even got engaged. But ceremony songs? Still working on it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We finalized them 6 months before but we knew what our first dance song was from the moment we heard it-which was a few months after we started dating
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We took some time to decide our wedding song but otherwise all other songs were pretty quick to pick.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our special song was decided long before we even got engaged!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still working on that. I've been pulling them together over the last couple months but we are close to the deadline for providing the lists to the DJ so we need to lock done the final selects, like the Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance song. We also need to lock down the bridal party entrance song for the reception.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just getting to that now. Got the processional song picked and close to picking register signing and recessional. We're six months til wedding right now.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a guitarist where we are getting married so we are working with him and our song selection- i would say this was decided about 7 months before our wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew right away which song we were going to dance to.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still haven't done this and we're 16.5 months out! We'll definitely do this when the day gets closer.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just finalized them last week which would be approximately 13 months before the wedding
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked it after we booked our DJ. So about 2 weeks into planning the wedding.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have less than 5 months to go until the wedding and we still don’t have our songs picked out :p
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was all over the map. Some songs we knew right away and others we decided about a month or so before the wedding.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having a hard time picking songs! I will probably pick 5 or less months before. The dj said he needed the list two weeks before. I want to talk to my dad about our song and all that

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics