Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long before the wedding did you buy your rings?

Joey, on March 5, 2018 at 08:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28

I want to ask you about your wedding planning timeline - I'm curious to know how long before the wedding you crossed various planning tasks off your to-do list, or when you're planning to have the tasks finished. So play along to have some fun comparing timelines, while sharing your advice with those who are still building their own!

How long before the wedding did you buy your rings? Was it an easy shopping process or a long one?

How long before the wedding did you buy your rings? 1

Photo by First Comes Love Weddings & Floral Designs in Pickering

>>Click here to go to the next question, How long before the wedding did you get nervous?!

28 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 24, 2018 at 22:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband had payments put towards our rings 2 months prior to our wedding month. Peoples Jewellers had a special happening at the time to save money.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought his wedding band on Black Friday (about 2 months out), and we just ordered my wedding band a couple weeks ago (1.5 months out)... going to pick it up when we get home from Christmas vacation.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our rings 6 months before our wedding.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He bought our rings even his ring 2 years ago now. We were so excited that we got pregnant and wedding got pushed to this year.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on getting our rings in April.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Won them from a bridal draw so just over a yr

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Approximately 7 months before the wedding.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be buying my fiancé’s ring this summer and he will be buying my ring as well this summer. So about a year.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are making each other’s wedding bands on our honeymoon, so we will have them a week after the wedding date.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Already have both our bands! They both need to be sized so i wanted to get them early.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably going to wait until 4 months out to do this. We have an incredible private jeweller who is super fast with this type of stuff.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé bought the rings from a friend so my engagement and wedding rings and his wedding ring so i’m not sure when he bought them
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought mine (it's part of a set, so SUPER easy to pick) in January, so 6 months before the wedding.

We picked up my FH's band in Feb - so about 4 months out. I just wanted to make sure we had EVERYTHING ready to go, so we've done most stuff fairly early.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement ring has a matching wedding band, so my FH bought them together. We ordered his ring in February, so 8 months before the wedding.

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé fell in love with a wooden ring on Etsy about 6 months ago and we ordered it in Nov. My ring on the other hand had been a bit more of a process as my ring didn’t have a matching band. I spent almost a year looking and just yesterday finally found and ordered my band, we get married in Oct but I’m a very ocd bride and have been a head of the average wedding schedule from the beginning. Lol 😆
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was made a few months before the wedding. I got his about 3 months before the wedding.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our wedding bands about 6 months before the wedding.
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bought our wedding rings on boxing day 2017 for our wedding sept 2018

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're probably going to wait a couple of months before the wedding.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought ours end of January so that's about three months before the wedding. My engagement ring wasn't part of a set so we went together to pick both our wedding rings out. I actually found that part more stressful than picking the engagement ring.

• Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've been engaged for 8 years so my ring is currently out getting upgraded. Because the size of my halo is changing I have to wait for it to be completed to be able to select a wedding band. Hoping to get that done as soon as my ring is back because it's good to budget out. So maybe April, mayish and our wedding is October!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just picked up our bands yesterday! We picked them out in January and are getting married in october. I’d say it was a fairly easy process for us!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ring came with my engagement ring and i bought my FHs ring 4 hours before.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same. Mine is part of a collection so FH already knows what to get me. I don't know what I'm doing for his yet lol

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding band is on order right now... he's not in any rush to get his as he just wants something really simple.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We purchased them right away. My band came as a set so we already had that and because the company he purchased my ring fro gave us a bunch of coupons and extra money towards other purchases because of the issues we had with my rings, he purchased it roughly around a month or so after we got engaged.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just got ours, so excited Smiley smile

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no idea when we will buy our rings. What is the usual timeline for this?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics