Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

How long are you waiting between the wedding and the honeymoon?

Sara, on May 28, 2018 at 16:35 Posted in Honeymoon 0 31

So my parents' gift to us is our honeymoon, and they've booked us to go like 4 days after the wedding. Which is kind of awesome but at the same time we won't be able to spend much time with our out of town guests as before the wedding we'll be full packed of planning and last minute set up stuff.

Just wondering, is everyone leaving for their honeymoon right after the wedding? How long as you waiting until you go on it?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Tatiana, on June 7, 2018 at 10:21
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We left for our hnemoon 2 days after the wedding is just how it worked out, because we got great deal on airfare.

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We honestly haven't even planned a honeymoon! Our wedding is January, however we both live in Australia so technically our wedding is a destination wedding for us as well! $$$. March, we have a wedding cross country in Australia & May FH brother is getting married in LA, so we have a few destinations within a couple months! We just can't afford a honeymoon!

We will take a little time in LA to do disneyland and a few other things but will be very much family orientated! Hopefully a honeymoon before the end of next year haha

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! That’s so generous of them! We are going to wait a couple months I think, still going the same year, just later.
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were taking a short getaway a week later (bc of the out of towners) to just relax after the insanity. For our full honeymoon we need time to save for the trip and lost wages for him, as well my vacation time needs to reset so we can go for a month.

just think of the 4 day prep to be part of the wonderful whirlwind week! You are going to sleep so hard on that plane!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were planning on leaving for our wedding latest 4 days post-wedding, so I obviously think your timing is fine. The OOT wedding guests will hopefully understand that you both have a honeymoon to get on to Smiley smile

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're off to Greece for 10 days!

We're so excited!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely didn't want to leave right after I wanted to wait at least a week, as I tend to get sick easily from too much stress and lack of sleep.

We are going in November, so it's not too delayed.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a great gift!!! We're planning on opening a honeymoon registry and see what we can plan from that!
    We are getting married next May and likely won't do a honeymoon until fall later that year! We want to wait and go somewhere warm once the weather gets poop here haha!
    Since we don't live together yet there's going to be a lot of new and fun things for us to do right away after marriage and will take a break later on!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so lovely of your parents! Where are you headed?

We're getting married in July and going on our honeymoon in September. We mainly waited as we like to have the summers in Canada since its our only nice weather here!

I don't think going 4 days after the wedding is too soon though. It will be nice for you to spend time together without everyone and enjoy being married!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet, although the place we want to go is not very nice in late September, so we will most likely do a mini-moon and then wait a few months for the weather to improve down south.

I was hoping we could leave almost right away, but it will depend on where we decide to go...

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're going for a mini-moon following the wedding which will be about 4 days. Big honeymoon were planning for about 4 months after. Trying to go away some place nice
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married November 23rd 2019. Since our wedding backs into Christmas (and is the week before Black Friday), and he works retail and I work in a warehouse that supplies retail stores, it’s not a time we could get vacation. We are going on our honeymoon roughly the following March.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving for our honeymoon a few days after the wedding (probably 2-3 days) most out of town guests will probably have to head to work Monday morning so most will leave the Sunday. Some might stick around and visit, but ideally we want to go on our honeymoon straight away (this might change as life changes). We're planning to spend a few days in Miami Beach before going on a Caribbean cruise.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married September 2017 and went on our honeymoon March 2018. My husband started a new job a few days after we got married, then got let go, so he had to find a new job, so we had to push back our honeymoon a little. We always wanted to go in the winter though so it didn't alter our plan too much.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving the day after our wedding, but we are staying in Quebec since we didn't want to be planning both the wedding and a overseas trip at once.

We will be taking a trip to Europe next year, but to me that's not a honeymoon.

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 30 days between the wedding and the honey moon Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Oct 4, 2019 and not going on our honeymoon until mid - late November. Wanting to go to an all inclusive, but do not want to be there during hurricane season!

• T
    Curious October 2025 Ontario
    TayCath36 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Europe last year and we're going to Jamaica this year.

Our honeymoon will be local due to those trips. It will be two days after the wedding.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are spending two nights at a local hotel, one night at home then taking off. We are having a brunch with our out of town guests the day after our wedding.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in September 2019, but won't be jetting off until April/May 2020 due to some vacation restrictions, at my workplace, between January and April.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are literally going to the airport hotel straight from the reception... It's late January, it's the best time to take off work, and it's the specific cruise we want to go on (wedding Saturday, flying Sunday, cruise leaves Monday).

I always wanted to go straight to my honeymoon... I think it's a great time to decompress and enjoy being newlyweds after the intense planning of the wedding. Also, it forces me to delegate all the clean-up plans/tasks to my friends and family Smiley xd

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married July 7th and wont be leaving for our honeymoon until september 6. Summer was just too busy for us to get the time off work that we wanted for our trip!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going away for a few days and will leave after brunch the next morning. It will only be a small local trip though. Our actual honeymoon will be 6 months later so we can save up for it a bit Smiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im hoping to go this coming winter.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are leaving the Monday after the wedding.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in April and planning a honeymoon for later on in the year.

We’re having a destination wedding so it’s more feasible to focus on that and then a proper honeymoon once things die down.

We’ve had friends who’ve gone on a mini-moon weekend immediately and then a proper week + honeymoon later on in the year when they had more time.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in August and going on our honey moon in September, so about a month and some after our wedding.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married june 2019 and will do a honeymoon in January 2020. We are going to do a cross Canada road trip right after the wedding, but I wanted to save the honeymoon for winter!

We are doing our road trip right away because we really want to be able to take off right away, but financially the full honeymoon isn't possible right away and winter is the perfect time Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't end up planning our honeymoon as the expenses for overseas would cost the same.

We are planning our 1st year in Niagara Falls locally to enjoy a few days and celebrate our actual anniversary on the day of lunch wise.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are leaving 3 days after the wedding. I have some really close relatives comming from the UK, but they are leaving the same day as us. I think they will understand you going on your honeymoon straight away. They actually probably expect it Smiley smile
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving like 3 weeks after the wedding. We waited until my time off in July (I get a week off every 6 weeks in my rotation) and just booked off any extra days we would need around then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics