Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

How is your wedding party handling postponing?

Rachel, on April 15, 2021 at 09:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 16
Has anyone else out there had to postpone (twice) and feel like their friends and wedding party are "over it"? I've been engaged for 2 years, pushed the wedding to next year again. All of the fun is gone and I feel like my maid of honor and friends just aren't invested anymore. I feel like I've been pestering them for input for years and now I am feeling like I have no one to turn to except my fiance. On the other hand, I have all of this extra time to second guess my dress or other details while my anxiety and nerves do nothing but grow. At this point I just want to get it over with. Thanks for reading, just needed to vent.

How are you handling postponing?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Marie, on May 11, 2021 at 15:26
  • Marie
    Beginner June 2021 Ontario
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could not agree more and also felt this in my soul!! My Bridesmaids seem completely disinterested as well. We postponed from September 13 2020 to June 13 2021. I was hoping they might perk up a bit now that our wedding is about a month away but it's been crickets. My parents want us to postpone, his parents think we should just stick to the plan, we are feel like we are just continually having to lower our expectations either way and just when we thought we were at rock bottom, turns out more restrictions are possible lol. We are so fed up we just want to get it over with too. But also sad no one seems to be excited and all the joy has been sucked out of it thanks to covid. I feel you girls! It's been comforting to read everyone else's stories. Wishing the best for all of us.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Postponements are hard on everyone and to hear the wedding isn't taking place until next year. The wedding party may have lost their excitement for now though you will have the day to have them beside you. Consider the fact of going simple and just an Officiant present and photographer (optional) to get it over with for good. I can imagine your down now though you and your finace have each other. Hugs to you to cheer your day up.
  • Sonja
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel this is my soul. Sent out my invites on Monday only to hear Ford’s announcement later in the week. Our wedding is May 21st. I am heartbroken. Between my fiancé’s immediate family and my own we already hit the 10 person cap ....
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I understand completely! My bridal party hasn't even met each other in person because of all of this, and people are scattered across the country. I think that everyone is just leaving wedding talk alone because they know how stressed I am about everything and that we can't do much of a pre-wedding celebration if we do decide to go ahead this summer (which I absolutely do NOT want to do but we are waiting to be allowed to postpone by the venue).

That being said, I really think that whenever the postponed wedding date approaches the excitement will spark again!!!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest worry about talking about our postponed reception is that I'm stealing the thunder of my other engaged friend. Her wedding is planned for 2022 and there's a chance we'll be pushing our reception back to then as well. I want her to get to enjoy planning and being excited and optimistic, so I feel like I can't always vent about any frustrating parts of re-planning. She says she doesn't mind, but I still try to save my rants for when I need them most.
  • Kimberly
    Curious September 2023 British Columbia
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same as you. We had to postpone from Sept this year to next year. I feel like my MOH doesn't care that she is the MOH. I have had zero help from her. And now that we postponed till next year, she really gas lost interest.
    Good luck with everything.
  • M
    Newbie December 2021 Ontario
    Mikayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Literally in the exact same position as everyone on this post. I feel so discouraged. Our wedding is in December but I cant see anything getting better by then. We will probably be in the same boat we were in last December. I wanted this to be special but its turning out to be a nightmare.

• S
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really feel this. Our wedding party is supportive but they also can't really contribute to the conversation or provide advice or assistance. I feel like all I have done and can do is vent about how frustrating it has been to plan, re-plan, and experience so much loss of joy. I also try not to talk about it because it hurts so much and I also don't want to be someone who vents all the time but it is so hard, especially when people make uninformed comments or harmful comments.

I am not handling another postponement very well.

I find solace in this community because we are all experiencing the same thing and I know we all know what this feels like.

• Shawna
    Beginner October 2021 Alberta
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Exactly, like the first time we had to postpone, I was almost happy because we could re-evaluate everything... Then we had to postpone a second time, no big deal! Now a third time, I haven't even called the venue again because I feel embarrassed about it as though it's my fault the world is on fire!

Definitely not a great time to be a bride 🤦‍♀️
  • Amanda
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Am done just completely done with the planning and not postponing anymore, I sent out card only for the ceremony to cancel the venue and gave me a full return lol. Wedding is in a month time, My maid of honour and bridesmaids are really sweet and are the ones putting life in the wedding planning. Even if it’s just I and my fiancée, am going ahead with my wedding. Tired of postponing and planning
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH has been good about everything except realizing that wedding invites have changed. She thinks that if I invited her brothers, who I grew up with, I have to invite their spouse/girlfriend. If I can only have 50 people I'm not inviting someone that I really don't like and someone (thanks covid) I have never met. Other than that we have sort of put everything on the back burner for now. My MOH has also recently gotten engaged. That also has been hard to work on.
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I understand your feelings completely. However, I would like to think our friends and family know this is unprecedented and completely out of our control, so I'd like to think they have some compassion and patience, even if they seem disinterested. Its an unfair situation and we are allowed to be upset about it just as others are who have had their lives affected by all of this. I hope you are able to go through with your wedding this year, I know all of us covid brides are feeling the frustration.
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the reason I don't want to postpone again...

I can't help feeling like we have been "hogging the spotlight" for the past two years. I have been thinking about, stressing about, and ranting about this process for so long that sometimes I feel like my wedding party just doesn't want to hear it anymore. This is a huge part of my resistance to postpone, which sucks, because I feel like we're giving up a lot of our hopes so that our wedding is not a "burden" on our friends and family's lives.

Such an awful position to be in and and truly a bit of a black cloud hanging over all of our decisions.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re definitely not alone! This is our 4th date (June 2022).... and you’re def not being Bridezilla! Covid has certainly robbed brides and grooms of all the fun aspects of being engaged, and the excitement of planning. It almost feels unfair at times. We’re allowed to grieve this ❤️ (I think we are, anyways...lol) I’m hoping all the best for your plans ❤️❤️
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad it's not just me being a brizezilla. I get that there's a whole nother year in front of us again and people have lives and can't be expected to always be excited for something so far away but I just feel so alone in this.

I hope your plans are able to go ahead, whatever they may be. Thanks for empathizing with me!
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh! Same!!!! Just sucks! Feel like my wedding party doesn’t even remember we’re getting married- feels like all the magic and fun are gone.
    I just keep thinking about how Ontario has NO plan for actual reopening and constantly wondering how much more money we will lose. That’s about the only surprise left....lol...

I’m sorry you’re feeling this too. Sending you positive vibes and virtual hugs! We will get there one day, and when we do, it’s gonna be the best freaking party! 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics