Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How indecisive are you?

Joey, on March 8, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Have you had a tough time making planning decisions? Do you overthink decisions? Are you suffering from decision fatigue? What do you to when you can't make up your mind?! What decision are you stuck on now?

giphy.gif

16 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 22, 2018 at 13:21
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very cautious about it, I price out lot of people and figure out who would be the best and suits us. I am stuck on photography, I know I am going to go with this girl its just a huge cost and more then would like. I just haven't connected with photographer I like yet besides her and with the same quality

• Jennifer
    Beginner July 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stucked at getting a shoe, hairstyle , flower arrangements, this is so hard .just realised i need to have a theme n colour of the day .
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am very indecisive! However, finding my dress was very easy! I liked it and liked it again the second time I tried it on and bought it. I had friends recommend vendors to me so those were easy. Decor was a bit harder but I have it mostly figured out now. I have a great fiancé and support group though that helped me along the way and made the process super easy.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup... it's frustrating haha

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was the same way! The big stuff I was really decisive about, but I'd overthink and obsess about the little details!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far I've been decisive mainly because I've been organizing every little details I want in my wedding esp vendors and there afforadability and their quality of work. To help you to stop second guessing yourself, you should try listing your vendors. List all the pros and cons then go from there. Or if it's for specific details like wedding dress, invitation, cakes, decor etc go with instinct right away. I find if you question yourself, tge more you'll find your way taking yourself out of it.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pretty decisive. The only one that stumped me for a while was picking a reception venue.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually I am pretty decisive and I don’t second guess myself Smiley smile

Pretty lucky in this context, considering that our total engagement duration is 9 months.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm indecisive over the little things that don't matter, like wedding favors. But big things I'm decisive.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m pretty decisive. My dress I had to take the weekend to decide but once I made my choice I never looked back! Every other decision has come really easily.

I would say that I have hit decision fatigue. My friend is now getting married two weeks after me and we were planning her shower and everyone wants to know what we all think of this game or that decoration and I realized I was done giving opinions and making decisions!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a very decisive person. I do a bit of research, decide and will SOMETIMES listen if my FH wants something different Smiley tongue

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to feel this way at certain points during planning. Sometimes I just feel this way when I am given too many options lol

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been pretty decisive so far. I've kind of taken on the tone that this big day is for us, and just been sure with whatever decisions we've made together. As long as my fiancé and happy I've been very sure with the choice.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your description just made me laugh, because I'm pretty much at that point now (wedding is two weeks away).

I think I was most indecisive about the candy table, mostly because we have so much food already, I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend more money on it, but I love candy, and with the help of this community, made up my mind for it!

I'm pretty much overthinking everything at the moment. Thank goodness for my fiance and my MOH who re-assure my decisions for me.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup. Just gotta keep people out of the decision making process, more opinions are what really muck it up.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only decisions I've regretted are the ones that I was talked out of 😆 Once I have something in my mind, I do weeks of research, show my FH a few options, then proceed. No regrets!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics