Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How do you de-stress?

Joey, on August 4, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 14

When the wedding planning gets to be too much, what do you do to de-stress?

f254cf516da2487bb9756d33032a4510.gif

14 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on August 7, 2018 at 17:15
  • Victoria
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Priority board! Do it at work and I do it wedding planning as well.
    Make a sticky note wall with the specific tasks needed to be done on a week to week basis. Once the task is completed take it down, if it didn’t get completed within the desired week it gets moved down to the next weeks priority. Keeps fiancé and family accountable as well as some tasks are for them
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I fall off the grid! That's why y'all haven't seen me the past few days lol. I did it when I got stressed in university and I do it now. After 2-4 days, I feel bored and slowly work my way back online.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't gotten into our planning enough yet to get too stressed. If I ever get worried, stressed or overwhelmed... I just drop planning stuff for a week or two. Also coming on here and helping other brides work through problems is bizarrely therapeutic. Haha. I think seeing other people go through issues ahead of me puts me in a better position to avoid those issues myself.

Once we get into more "crunch time", building DIY projects, hunting down RSVPs, making timelines, getting the rings, the license, the suits.... I think I may start needing some wine & bubble bath nights.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Watching tv and taking a bath and reading were my favourite de-stressing activities.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will just relax with my fiance and watch some tv so it distracts me.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely have afew people that you can vent to, maybe over afew drinks as well! It really helped me to de stress and also learn when to walk away from a task or hand it off to someone else that you trust, don’t be afraid to ask for help! I thought I could do it all by myself, had I not had people take the reins from me on afew projects there’s no way I could have done it all. Also vent to us! This app and all the wonderful ladies was my saving grace ❤️
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My biggest thing is have a bath and a glass of wine. My FH and I will also plan a "date" even if its just a beach trip. I just like having anything to keep my mine off the wedding. Now that he is gone I have been slowly building a puzzle while listening to an audio book.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't. I just bask in the stress. The wedding stress will leave when we're married and lying on a beach in Mexico 😂 All joking aside, prayer is always helpful though, you know, leaving it in God's hands when things get out of control Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a podcast that talked about wedding disasters. Seems like a weird way to de-stress, but it helped me put things in perspective that my wedding really wasn't so stressful!

I always enjoyed pedicures with my husband and at-home facials (that was just me, my DH didn't participate in that!)

• Yesenia
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unplug and drink a cup of coffee! Smiley xd
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Working out, nature walks, and sipping wine Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking around the block to get some fresh air is a good way to be outside.

Watch a funny movie in the evening.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Earlier on I would take a break from planning and do something fun with my friends, family or fiancé - even just talking things out with him helped and I love a good massage but now that we’re two weeks out I don’t know how to! Lol I can’t take a break I have to keep going almost there!
  • Bianca
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Read and take a bubble bath with a glass of wine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics