Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie March 2019 Washington

How do i choose a dress

Donnajean, on January 25, 2018 at 18:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5

I cannot seem to pick out a dress i find one i like online. i cannot try on before buying it and i want to look the way he sees me. i am at such a loss i have cried some many time and the lady helping was not the nicest person and made me cry even more so now i have no idea what i can do. please help me let me know how you picked out your dress

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on January 30, 2018 at 20:43
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you maybe Skype in family and friends on your shopping trip if they can't travel to shop with you?

I ordered my dress online. But I'm an online shopper so it didn't make me nervous to do so. Before I ordered it though, I chatted with a consultant online and double triple checked my measurements, read ALL the reviews, and made sure I could return the dress if it didn't work out. This ended up being the best decision ever because I LOVE my dress, and didn't have to stress about shopping around and trying to communicate with a consultant about my vision.

Sending positive vibes your way! You got this girl!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it possible someone would come visit you for a weekend to shop with you--or could you go back to Texas and look there with someone? My mom lives 5 hours away and came down for the weekend to shop with me. When my friend was back home for Christmas, she went shopping with friends; she was planning on buying it here but went to see what style she liked.

When I looked, I had no idea what I wanted. My friend, who lives in another province, and I looked up dresses together over skype. We found out what designers were at the store I had an appointment for, and looked up the dresses on their website. We ended up finding one I liked, and she thought would look good on me. They had it in the store and so I tried it on and fell in love!

How about your fiance going with you? Even if he doesn't want to see you/you don't want him to see you in the dress, maybe he could be there for support.

If you're looking online, I would double check the return policy before ordering. That way, if you end up not liking it, you can return it.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's tough when everyone is so far away! Are there any co-workers who you are a bit closer to. I'm sure they would love to go with you! If I was in Washington I'd keep you company!

• D
    Newbie March 2019 Washington
    Donnajean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! That really is a good idea. I wish i had some friends in Washington state i am from Texas and well don't really know to many people other then a couple people who work with me

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm always nervous about buying a dress online, but I know many people who have done it who are happy! I think the important things when buying a dress online is to make sure you have a good idea of what fabric it is, and make sure you take good measurements to you get the right size!

You can always ask around for reviews on a particular website as well.

Dress shopping is hard for everyone I'm pretty sure. I know I struggled as well. There are SO many choices and its expensive and if you don't have a good consultant that can really ruin an appointment.

If I were in your shoes, I would ask one of my closest friends or family to do a day of dress shopping with me and book 2 or 3 different appointments at different salons. Take in some pictures of things you like, or describe what certain things you want (For example: I know I like high waisted, A line dresses.. no satin).

If you don't like the consultant, leave and make fun of them with your friends.
    It's going to be okay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics