Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

How different is your Moh's dress?

JuneBride, on May 15, 2018 at 11:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

I'm looking for ideas on how different my MOH's dress should be. There are so many options. Same colour, but a different dress. Or same dress, but a different colour. Same dress and colour, but a shade darker. Or same dress and shade, but the MOH's dress will be long while the bridesmaid's dresses will be short. Is your MOH's dress subtly different or is it obviously different?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 20, 2018 at 09:38
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dresses look nice and if your happy with them or change the colour for one to distinguish the role.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am obsessed with both of these dresses. so pretty!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to have all the girls wear different dresses, but then we found one that they all loved... I gave my MOH the choice - she could wear the same dress, or one slightly different, and she chose a different one. We went with the same length and same colour though

Bridesmaid dressHow different is your Moh's dress? 1

Maid of Honour's dressHow different is your Moh's dress? 2

• Mandi
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Mandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding Colors are Tiffany blue, grey and white. I’m thinking of having my bridesmaids in Tiffany blue and my MOH in the grey. Or the other way around. I haven’t fully decided though and may go all the same color with MOH dress slightly different.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my girls wore the same dress. They also had the same bouquets. I think that any way you want to make your MOH distinct will be a nice touch.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH’s dress isn’t different she’s wearing the same as the bridesmaids. I did ask my florist to make her bouquet a little bigger than the bridesmaids though.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls all have the same dress, but my MOHs bouquet will be a little bit different. My MOH is my little sister and we very recently lost our grandma, so both of our bouquets will have a couple of her favorite flowers in them. I was planning on having her bouquet different beforehand, but now we just actually know how it’s going to be different Smiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My gals are all wearing the same colour.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are wearing burgundy and my moh is wearing blush color. I wanted her to stand out of the bridesmaids and to be able to tell that's she's moh
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose not to make the MOH look different, she did not want to stand out, and I was totally fine with it (She is the one standing there with me anyway). Your wedding is in June, so you may not want to do a longer dress (if everyone is doing short dresses) because it may be super warm, but there are other options for you to consider like you mentioned.

I would say speak to your MOH and see what she's interested in doing if you are not too picky.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH didn't want a different dress or color. she didn't want to stand out. But i knew likes bling so i suggested a bling ribbon to put around her waist and she loved the idea. the one she wanted at the store was quite expensive so i bought the same i found on Facebook for less. She was quite surprised and happy that shell get to have that.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have the same style of dress for my MOH and all Bridesmaids! I am still trying to decide if I want my MOH in a different colour or not...

I like them all being the same though! I do like the mention of something added to her hair though!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH and bridesmaids all chose the style of their dress and I had chosen the colour so all dresses are different. I don’t plan on having something that makes my MOH different from the others.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH wore the same as the bridesmaids, though she did have a flower in her hair that the other girls didn't. I didn't dictate this, I had them wear their hair however they wanted, but it could be one option for making your MOH stand out.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of everyone being uniform, so my MOH will be in the same dress as the rest of the bridal party.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that for mine I will be having everyone wear something that suits their body type - but when it comes to what will make my MOH stand out - I was thinking that I would give her an accent belt and maybe if I decide to have my hair down; then hers would be half up/half down and the bridesmaids would be full up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics