Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How did you meet your fiancé(e)?

Lynnie, on January 13, 2020 at 09:05

Posted in Before the wedding 60

First things first! How did you meet your future spouse?? Did you meet online or through friends? At school? At work?? Share how you first met your fiancé(e)! Photo by Beautiful Life Studios in Toronto, ON Next Question: Where did your proposal happen? Back to the Beginning: Dish those wedding...

First things first! How did you meet your future spouse?? Smiley heart

Did you meet online or through friends? At school? At work?? Share how you first met your fiancé(e)!

cfb_57380.jpg

Photo by Beautiful Life Studios in Toronto, ON

Next Question: Where did your proposal happen?

Back to the Beginning: Dish those wedding details!

60 Comments

• Kayley
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TINDER! Lol (seriously though).

Smiley heart

• B
    Curious June 2020 British Columbia
    Beah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at a party back in high school!
  • Sherisse
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online actually; we had an instant connection! He easily became my best friend and have loved each other ever since! It’s been 4 years this year and we are so excited to be tying the knot. Good luck everyone with your planning
  • Tyler-Kerry
    Curious March 2024 New Brunswick
    Tyler-Kerry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in elementary school over 20 years ago
  • lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Dad's worked together before we were born and his parents gave my Mom a baby book at my babyshower (hand stitched with my name on the front!). I moved away and we met up in High School in 2000 but never dated. I was out one Spring night in 2018 at a Tragically Hip tribute concert and his best friend told me my now fiance was single and I drunkenly called him and left a voicemail asking if he could check my 'wires' (he's an electrician) and after a month or so we started dating lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at speed dating!!!!!!!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was friends with my brother. We were both going to the city my brother lives in for the weekend. He suggested I ask his friend for a ride to save gas money. And after 10 hours on the road (5 each way) he asked me out on a date.
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Met at a sports bar during a football game. My best friend went to high school with him, and she introduced us
  • Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We matched on tinder! I thought it was a joke at first but he wouldn’t stop messaging me and we talked for two months before we met in person. That was six years ago, I couldn’t imagine my soulmate any other way!
  • Ashley
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We each got a new puppy within a month of each other and a friend introduced us so our pups could play.. I think she had a secret plan all along!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Tinder! However, our paths had many potentials to be crossed! Kinda cool.

• Melissa
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my FW on Bumble! I had tried Tinder and had absolutely no luck, so I downloaded Bumble and she was the very first person I matched with. We messaged non-stop for 2 weeks, then met up and I knew right away. I moved in with her 2 weeks after that and the rest is history! 🥰
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a mutual friend introduce us, who was determined we had to meet and would be good together haha. She was right Smiley smile

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work, we both started within a week of eachother and I was kind of seeing someone else. He waited for me and here we are!
  • Sarina
    Newbie October 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We lived in the same dorm at university. We also ended up making friends with the same people.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work on her first day.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He went to school with the boyfriend of my best friend. One night a group of us were going out for wings and he tagged along!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at my school (university) when we was working there (as a security guard). We were introduced by my ex's roommate lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Online site and chatted for a month before meeting in person.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met through mutual friends. I didnt want to go out that night but my friend was pregnant, hormonal and wanted to be with her hubby and his friends. Guess it's a good thing I caved. 🥰
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I technically were first introduced at a friend's birthday party, but he doesn't remember meeting me that night because someone threw a (very realistic) toy snake at him and he's terrified of snakes so that is his only memory from the night.

We tell people that we met in high school because we had a class together when I was in grade 11 and he was in grade 12, that's when he fell in love with me, though we didn't start dating until a year later.

• Michelle
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Plenty of Fish 😊. Forever changed my opinion of online dating!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met FH for the first time when we were about ten years old, but we weren't really friends just in the same class. It wasn't until high school when our 2 friend groups just sort of collided randomly that we started talking and became really great friends really quickly. After that, the rest is history

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my Husband at a bar. He was a bouncer and I was out with my friends. I was super flirty when I was drinking depending on the person, so we just started talking. I was actually the one to look him up on Facebook and message him once I got home.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through the place I worked 11 summers ago. He volunteered there for a week or two then tracked me down on Facebook that fall and we started chatting and hanging out occasionally. Started dating that winter.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online through a dating app called Bumble (girl has to message the guy first!) - it took us a few weeks to meet in person as FH had to go back to Europe for his law school graduation but when we met we clicked!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my FH online through PlentyofFish. We started with messaging each other and then texting and playing Tricia Crack and then we met in person on our first date at The Keg.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my DH through a mututal friend from work. Her husband went to school and is friends with my now Husband Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics