Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How are you wearing your hair?

Lynnie, on October 10, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Beauty 0 33

How will you be wearing your hair on your wedding day? Are you planning on an updo, wearing your hair down, or some style in-between? Have you already had your trial or are still looking at inspiration pics?

Up?

How are you wearing your hair? 1

Photo by Lee Orr Photography in Castlegar, BC

Down?How are you wearing your hair? 2Photo by DA Photography in Brampton, ON

Or something in-between?

How are you wearing your hair? 3

Photo from Parlour Salon in Toronto

For more hair-spiration, check out: Side swept or super symmetrical? , Straight or curly? , and Let's talk bridesmaid hair and makeup!

33 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on February 8, 2019 at 15:45
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want it up because I have a tattoo on the back of my neck that I want shown. I am going to get this done when I go for my trial in March (though I think with a few more loose bits)

How are you wearing your hair? 4

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is really pretty
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something like this.

How are you wearing your hair? 5
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely want my hair off my neck, but after that, I'm not 100% sure what I want...
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Down or in between for sure Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Updo for me. I am gonna dance the whole night and my hair so thick and heavy that if I had it in any other style I would be sweating after 5 minutes on the dance floor.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably half up half down. Like many others in this thread, I have finer hair so I'll probably be getting extensions for the day just to add volume. I love a nice updo in pictures but what I notice is photos obviously only show it from the back and when you take your photos from the front you look bald because all your hair is pulled back.....well at least that's how it is for me lol.

hair-How are you wearing your hair? 6

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still debating.

I have fine hair, and have come to terms with the fact that I should keep it at shoulder length or shorter.

So I'm thinking, either loose curls with a deep side part with a hair comb pulling a side back, or a simple half-up/half-down do with nice hair pins.

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on doing an up-do. I think that I want a low messy bun with a few piece of hair hanging down. I’m still looking at inspiration pictures on Pinterest - I am going to start looking into hair dressers soon Smiley smile
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have quite short hair so I’ve decided to do a French braid down my shaved part and then curl the rest. I also have purple hair so no crazy style is needed haha
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went for half up-half down. Now I’ll admit, I wish I had my hair up... it poured on our wedding day for about 3 hours, and my hair just did not hold up to the humidity/rain (my hair is also VERY thin).

On the bright side, it was very easy to “redo” (not completely, but we definitely had to fix it up quite a bit)!

How are you wearing your hair? 7
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went for a super early hair and make up last weekend while we were in Canmore - and this is how it looked! (We won’t be in Canmore again before our wedding next year, and I wanted to meet them ahead of the big day!)

How are you wearing your hair? 8
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is beautiful!

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, it just gives you a little more depth. every time i get my hair coloured, it comes out slightly different. but it really doesnt matter if they're the same length.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point! I've been stressing about the colour but I guess if it's not exact it would just create some dimension?
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I go for my trial on October 16 and this is what we are going to try for me Smiley smile

How are you wearing your hair? 9
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Half up/half down style for sure with curls and braids plus a hair accessory for that spark and glam Smiley smile I wear my hair down all the time, with waves and don’t like when my hair is up in a bun-like style.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went for a hair trial and asked for an updo. Decided I wanted half up/half down so that's what I went with!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have thick, curly hair that I've been growing out (it'll have grown for almost 18 months by the time the wedding comes!) - I'm planning to wear it up in a low knot/bun - I'll have a few blingy hair accessories up around the side, sort of like below.

How are you wearing your hair? 10

How are you wearing your hair? 11

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Extensions for volume are awesome! that's what i have because my hair is very fine and very straight and it just WILL NOT hold a lot of volume. and its so much easier to blend them in with your hair when they're the same length, you dont have to worry about the colour being slightly off or them losing texture at a different time than your natural hair.

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Half up, twisted into a crown, loose curls, some hair extensions for volume. I've been growing it out and its to my waste now.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A sophisticated loose loc updo with a firehouse adornment on the side (I’m not wearing a veil).

How are you wearing your hair? 12

How are you wearing your hair? 13
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair will be up in a low bun. I have long pin straight hair so leaving it down would be hard because the curls wouldn’t hold for long
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the rose too. I don't think it will be too difficult. I watched from youtube once, the rose was created from braid. Show it to your hairstylist. He/she would know what to do.

• Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the style. It's simple yet very elegant.

• Cherry
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning to do all up. Here's the picture of the hairstyle I would like to do with the roses and all.

Picture courtesy of Andrew Harback PhotographyHow are you wearing your hair? 14

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Half up and hopefully with some floral accessory in it ☺️
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Up for sure!

To start my hair touches my butt, so after having it down for long periods of time it gets tangled very easily. Since my dress has a lot of back detail that I want to show off, my hair will have to be all up or else it will be completely covered!

looking to do some type of mid bun with a braid incorporated somewhere. I found a really cool hair piece that is flexible and will be able to wrap around with whatever hair style I pick

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is all I have idea wise so far... I have very short and VERY thin hair which doesnt leave me with many options... I might get extensions for volume but I dont want more length....

How are you wearing your hair? 15
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me it will depend on the dress. This is the chart that I will be going by:

Guidelines
    How are you wearing your hair? 16

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm currently debating somewhere in between (half-up) or an up-do.

If I do the half-up, I', gonna have my hair go in front so it covers my one shoulder like this photo:

Half-up do with hair side-swept

How are you wearing your hair? 17

Or I would do a simple yet elegant up do:

Up do with loose strands in frontHow are you wearing your hair? 18

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking up. My hair doesn't hold volume/curl very well at all, so lots of hair spray and bobby pins will help a lot. I'm thinking a very "loose" look though, as I want it to look fairly relaxed and 'whimsical'....

Must book hair trial soon...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics