Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How are you keeping your guests cool?

Joey, on June 12, 2018 at 11:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Tis the season of summer weddings! Is any part of your summer wedding outdoors? What will you be doing to keep your guests cool?

How are you keeping your guests cool? 1

Photo by Impresario Events in Toronto

How are you keeping your guests cool? 2Photo by StickerYou in Toronto

How are you keeping your guests cool? 3

Photo by Revelry Party Company in Toronto

How are you keeping your guests cool? 4

Photo by By Design Invitations in Mississauga

14 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 13, 2018 at 14:11
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a late September wedding and we were more worried about rain and cool weather than heat!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our August wedding is indoors but it's also in a greenhouse so it will be on the warmer side. We will be keeping people well hydrated with H2O (amongst other things) and doing the program fans.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Although ours is in May, we will probably have water bottles because our church can get quite warm. And our reception has A/C 😎
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in November in Vancouver, I assure you there will just be a lot of rain!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I created fans for our guests with the program printed indicating the steps.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Water bottles at our ceremony, flip flops for the ladies during the reception, and potentially umbrellas in the case of rain lol. So Almost all the things that can be done.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married in March and most of the wedding/reception was indoors, so this wasn't a concern for us.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not worrying about it to be honest. We let our guests know it’s an outdoor ceremony. They’re adults; they can prepare themselves for hot temperatures.
    We do have an indoor ceremony space as well, so if it gets ridiculously hot we will probably move it indoors.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the fan idea!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a July wedding, so it'll be fairly warm most likely!

Luckily, we're getting married right on the water's edge which is always a good way to get a bit cooler and have a nice breeze. We also will have water and lemonade out for guests before and during the ceremony. There are shaded spots set up and the indoor rooms are always available with A.C should any guests need it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here! Northwestern Ontario/Manitoba weather can really be unpredictable!

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing both keeping them cool and keeping them warm haha we hardly ever get temperatures under 25 here, so I will have some blankets for my guests and fans that double as programs and water bottle for everyone.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the fans! I went to a wedding in Mexico, and I was a bridesmaid up at the front, so I kind of got to stand up in the breeze.... but keeping your guests hydrated and providing fans is super cute. I hosted my cousin's first baby shower in late July, and we picked up some of that themed "decorative" duct tape, and wrapped them around the original labels, and just bought bulk water bottles from Costco. The tape held up sitting in the watery ice bath, and they looked super cute!

Plus of a January wedding in Vancouver, if they get hot inside they can stand outside for 2 minutes and come back in freezing Smiley laugh

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one of the main reasons that I chose a fall wedding Smiley tongue I've been to summer weddings and I didn't want to be a sweaty bride! Couldn't do winter - I don't want pictures in -40 and you can never tell if spring will come early or we will still have snow in May.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics