Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How are you customizing your... decor?

Joey, on October 16, 2017 at 10:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Whether it be the ceremony hall or the reception venue, you'll be tempted to decorate the space to make it suit your wedding theme and personal taste. What will you be doing to customize your wedding day decor?

Are you bringing in special aisle decor for your procession? How are you customizing your... decor? 1

Matching your tables to your theme? How are you customizing your... decor? 2

Going all out with stunning linens and chair covers? How are you customizing your... decor? 3

>> Click here to go to the next question, How will you customize your ceremony?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 25, 2019 at 13:07
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm trying to ensure that my table numbers, card box, and seating signage all go together.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our decor is totally West Coast chic formal, with a back woods vibe. Everythings fairy lights and wood beams, but with black linens, navy bridesmaids, black tuxedos... and pine cones for flowers in the centre pieces.

I'm hoping our guests walk in and just think "This is so them."

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simple and elegant

How are you customizing your... decor? 4

How are you customizing your... decor? 5

How are you customizing your... decor? 6

How are you customizing your... decor? 7
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm kind of going out all together! Linens will be gold, plum, Ivory and sparkly! As well as special decor in the tables and everywhere else.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We matched all of our décor to our colour scheme of gold and purple!

• Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going to have keys and bows placed throughout my wedding venue to symbolize that my fiancé has the key to my heart and is a gift from God 💖
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still working on this part, little by little! We're customizing it by having our decor very modern, gold, and many parts geometric!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping to have a lot of lights strung up on the ceiling. Our centrepieces are kerosene lanterns and I'm hoping to have lots of wildflowers, especially daisies (my favourite flower).
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on using potted plants along the aisle, then as centrepieces, and also as the thank you gift. They will be in our wedding colours (flowers in one, pot in the other). I also want to come up with some puns to put on the flower pots (such as, let love grow) since my fiance and I are both quite punny

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I DIY'd our centerpieces and created a guest globe instead of a guest book so we can have it out on display for everyone to see when they come over!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do too much to our venue as it was already quite beautiful and rustic. We made centerpieces out of wine and beer bottles with lights in them and the tables were named after the beer (hubby is a big craft beer guy), our seating chart was an old window on an old easel with flowers over them, we have mason jar lanterns in the tree outside the barn entrance and growlers with lights in them to line the way up the ramp into the barn.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a rustic theme and we used a lot of wood and greenery. The seating chart was something my dad made and my best friend painted and helped me put it together. It was definitely one of my favourite pieces!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding planner gave us decoration choices and we selected the ones that best matched our theme. So we kind of customized.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is where I shone! The theme was fall so I used a lot of orange, red, and yellow with ivory. We made the bouquets, gold candle holders, arch, center pieces, individual menus decorated with gold vines using a sharpie, tri-level card box, and even added orange flowers to the cake.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a decorator to help us decorate! Our venue is already really nice so we just needed to add a few touches here and there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics