Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Help! Bridesmaid concerns!

Amanda, on November 16, 2021 at 00:00

Posted in Plan a wedding 37

Hey guys! I have 4 bridesmaids and 2 of them are not vaccinated for COVID. In Ontario it is mandatory for people to get vaccinated to attend things like restaurants, sports events and weddings. My bridal shower is upcoming in May and these girls wont be able to attend because they don’t want to get...
Hey guys!
I have 4 bridesmaids and 2 of them are not vaccinated for COVID. In Ontario it is mandatory for people to get vaccinated to attend things like restaurants, sports events and weddings.
My bridal shower is upcoming in May and these girls wont be able to attend because they don’t want to get vaccinated. I have had conversations with both of them regarding their intentions should they have to get vaccinated to attend, and one is up in the air and the other said no vaccination no matter what. What do I do? The mandate can be lifted but thatmeans they wont be dress shopping in Feb with the rest of us (so they would have to rush at a later date to find a dress) and if the mandate stays I can’t replace them with late notice.
What should I do?

37 Comments

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m more worried that if they bail and cant attend my bridal shower in May that kind of excludes them almost right away. I don’t know if I want to be stressed about it until May however
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly its hard because its family & a good friend. i dont know what to do.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You need to stand strong and say if you feel you don't want to get vaccinated, it may not be possible to have you part of the celebrations. It will hurt them very much though you want them there. The mandate will not change unless specified. I know some that believed as myself to not get vaccinated, feeling skeptical about it in the beginning and eventually had to get it no matter what happened. This will change their decision to say it means a lot to you and not only is it for the wedding and pre event to celebrate, its for themselves too.

• Ashley
    Beginner March 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This depends on their relationship with you truly.

I am getting married in Feb and my maid of honour wasn’t, until recently, vaccinated. The mandate was not an immediate requirement but now it definitely is, as we are having a restaurant wedding. So once the mandate came into effect, I reminded her that she wouldn’t be able to participate if she chose not to get vaccinated.

Even if the mandate is in place in Feb, I don’t see how that should stop them from dress shopping with you, and since you’re getting married next Sep, you have some time to see how things will play out, depending on your situation…

If it’s a personal issue for you, then I definitely agree about not planning your life around their politics.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you okay with dropping them as bridesmaids? We've been under the vaccine mandates for two months now, in a pandemic that is nearing the two year mark. Everyone is more than aware of what's needed to take part in society. They're entitled to their beliefs but they also need to understand the consequences of their actions. Do you really want to plan your life around someone else's politics?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics