Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jena
Beginner October 2017 Ontario

Heart set of only one dress

Jena, on January 29, 2017 at 20:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Hey Everyone,

I really don't care to wear the "traditional" white on the big day. In fact, I really don't even care about the dress.. that is until I said Joelle from the Vera Wang 2012 collection.

Very non-traditional. I am looking for perhaps a used one, because lets face it, I can't justify spending $10,000 on a dress.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on February 2, 2017 at 18:05
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect! Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the colour and REALLY debated it... but then the dress I loved didn't really work with it and I thought it might be a bit much with my bright shoes. So I went with the coloured corset lace instead... no regrets!!!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo the colour is fun! I had thought about it at one point so you'd see a little bit as you walked! A little surprise!

Coloured petticoat

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of coloured tulle under the dress..if my dress needs some extra volume I might look into a red or pink or even gray tulle options...

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA you could obviously tone it back (rainbow is a bit much, I agree)! Pewter would be really cool! And ya, that black and nude is gorgeous!

• Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I would wear all black, which is why I love the "nude" colour in the dress, I don't want anything too colourful, but I know 100% I do not want to wear white. If I have to, I will settle for ivory, but I don't think I'd be as happy.

Thanks so much for all your help!

• Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of a but of colour, that it a lot! But it's neat. I've always throught of wearing a Pewter colour but that Black and Nude of the Vera Wang got me. I'm still looking!

Thanks Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could also look at "bridesmaid" dresses. Some of them are very extravagant and bridal looking, but they will be much cheaper and available in PLENTY of colours! (some brides even buy bridesmaids dresses and order them in white... so it definitely works for looking "bridal").

Alternatively, you could get a white/ivory dress and add coloured tulle underneath ...

Coloured Dresses

Coloured Dresses

Coloured Dresses

Coloured Dresses

Coloured Dresses

Coloured Dresses

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think colours are great idea! Smiley heart The idea is to find something that matches your persoanlity! Do you know what colours you'd like?

You could take a look at the bride in this discussion for something in black, it looked super nice on her: Would you wear black at your wedding?

There are also these ideas you could like: Would you dare wearing a colourful dress?

Wedding Dress. White or Coloured?

Let me know which ones you like best! I can't wait to see what beautiful dresses you'll want to try on! Smiley love

• Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks,

I'm not really a "white" or "blush" person so I woulld love some colour.
    Haven't really found much else, but I will check out that place!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jena! They are also these stores you can check out in Toronto and the GTA: Wedding Dresses Toronto You can click on the map view option to see where they are located to see which ones are more accessible. Smiley smile

I also wanted created this discussion after you suggested the dress! 10 unique dresses by Vera Wang

I love these collections! They're so beautiful! Smiley love What colour would you like your wedding dress? Do you want it to have black on it?

Map Vendors

• Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No opinions on where to buy, but that is one incredible dress!!! I do hope you can find one!!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That dress is incredible!! Omg!!! Check out a bridal store called The Vow in Boston. You can pay them to search for you and it's reasonable. www.Bridepower.com . They discount the gowns and it's worth the drive for the savings! Also check out preownedweddingdresses.com , stores sell their samples and brides sell their gowns. Might be a good place to start! Good luck!
  • Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would be open to look anywhere in the GTA. But haven't found anything close!
    I am open to suggestions!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jenna! Smiley heart That dress is absolutely gorgeous! It would be amazing if you could find something similar within your price range! Have you tried looking at bridal boutiques to see if they have similar dresses you would like? You could take a look at these to see what they have to offer: Wedding Dresses near Blue Mountains Maybe a coloured dress is more what you're looking for? What colours do you want to go for?

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In this case, I would look around for other dresses as I think $10,000 to spend on a dress that you will wear once is too much. I can understand the amount towards food, venue and liquor all in one. I hope for the best in your search for your dress.
  • Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya. I have time to look around so I was wondering if anyone knew credible places or websites in the GTA. If not it's not ment to be, but I thought I'd throw it out there to get some feedback.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel ya. I'm not buying a white dress actually! I'm going for champagne or blush, and hopefully buying second hand from the Bride's Project in Toronto
    If you're planning on buying online I would be a bit wary because you can't really inspect the goods and you may get duped. It could be damaged or the wrong size etc etc.
    I really wanted a BHLDN McKinley gown, and found people selling used in my size online but it was still too pricy and too risky for my tastes.
  • Jena
    Jena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL tell me about it.

I've seen posts in the US that have sizes 12 and sold for $1450. That's what I am looking for, a used one, resizing it is not a problem.

I could buy any white dress, I've never seen a "memorable" dress at a wedding.

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried on this dress or are you lusting from afar? Try on other dresses, because 10k on a dress is insane. Unless you're a multi millionaire or your parents are and they're paying for everything. Will you ever wear it again? No.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics