Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Crystal
Beginner September 2018 British Columbia

Hawaii?

Crystal, on February 21, 2017 at 16:18 Posted in Honeymoon 0 14

My fiancee and I are going to scrap my college graduation vacation in favor for a nice honeymoon while saving. We were thinking Hawaii. Whats your favorite place?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on July 27, 2017 at 17:12
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just went to the Mayan Riveria in Mexico in February and it sounds for the Honeymoon he's hinting for the Dominican. All inclusive resorts are definitely a plus. But I wouldn't mind going back to Europe and exploring what they have to offer. Greece is absolutely beautiful.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm dying to go to Costa Rica or St. Lucia

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are great tips! There is a seat sale on tickets to Hawaii through Air Canada right now and I seriously think we are going to book it. We were originally planning to postpone our honeymoon but recently I just decided there is no point in always waiting for the perfect moment for everything...sometimes you just have to do it now! It will be a very long journey to get there from Ottawa but I think it will be worth it. Plus, may as well make that trek while we're young, right?! We're thinking of going to Maui and Kauai. The more I read about it, the more I want to go to every island. It's too hard to choose!

• Tara
    Beginner July 2017 British Columbia
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hawaii is where my fiance and I are going as well! I have been there a few times growing up, so if you haven't decided on an island yet, Oahu is the cheapest and it's where we are going. My fiance and I love walking, and it is so easy to get around the island with walking and the bus routes. Definitely saves on having to rent a car.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are considering Hawaii as well for our honeymoon! My family has a timeshare on Maui so I have been going there every year for the past 9 years and it is the only island I know anything about so we are thinking about Oahu for the honeymoon to try something new otherwise I would totally recommend Maui! We have a condo with the family so we do most of our own cooking which helps with costs and my brother and nephew have fish and nut allergies so it is also easier. There is so much to do in Maui, we go snorkelling daily as you can do this right off the beach and don't have to take a boat tour (although there are lots of great ones) we also spend at least one day up country as there is so many great tours to take up there. Haleakela is phenomenal and the road to Hana is breathtaking!

Also on our list is St Martin, Aruba and Mexico. We are a little bit limited by the weather as we want to go after the wedding in September and that is hurricane season so the main Carribean resorts are a bit risky.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We couldnt decide as FH has been so many amazinf places and I have been no where as I became a single mom young and well .. didnt have the funds nor the time to travel ... so we decided to see a bunch and we are going to do a Carribean cruise at the end of November !! I am so looking forward to it as it will be my first adult vacation !!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Bonnie! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart Wow! I can't believe you lived there for 5 years! That must have been amazing! Is that where you met your FH? Where are you getting married?

• Bonnie
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hawaii will be an amazing spot to go for a honey moon! I lived on Oahu for 5 years and it's still one of my favourite places! There actually aren't too many 'all inclusives' in the islands... maybe none? But, there are lots of amazing resorts. Check out VRBO as well. Lots of super cool places you can rent that give you a more local experience than a resort would. You can also go to the farmer's markets for fresh fruit for breakfast, prepare your own lunches and then have nice dinners out! The local foods there are amazing. Try the little hole in the walls that you see a lot of locals around. You won't be disappointed! Oahu is the most touristy, but there are plenty of places you can go that are remote and romantic. Wikiki is fun for a day or two, but get out and head to the North Shore. There are a few resorts up there that are beautiful and less hectic than something in Wikiki. Don't stay on the East side of the island. It's cheaper, but also can be a bit dodgie. Watch your rental car if you go East. Lots and lots of break-ins. Maui is super lush and tropical. Lots of affordable condos to stay in. Rent a car and drive to Hana. Check out the waterfalls. Beautiful! The big island has the active volcanoes. They are going off right now! Google it. Amazing! Lots of hiking to do around the volcanos, diving with mantarays. Huge island! Don't spend the whole time driving! Kauai is my favorite. Has black sand beaches, waterfallls, a river up the middle you can Kayak, beaches that you can only get to by boat, jungle so thick you need a machete! It also has the 'Pacific Grand Canyon'. A huge canyon that has an amazing waterfall walk by it. There are blow holes, and good surfing spots. And it has less people than the other islands. Anyways! Regardless where you go I'm sure you will have an amazing time! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Crystal! Hawaii is a beautiful destination! They also have amazing food there and beautiful landscapes! Smiley love You should join these discussions to see what other brides are going for:

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Will you hire an agency or plan your honeymoon yourself?

What style of honeymoon do you want?

What type of activities do you prefer? Do you like outdoors and hiking? Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have only been to Varadaro in Cuba back in 2011 for a family vacation. I am considering Bahama's, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Dominican and St.Lucia for my honeymoon. Jamaica I hear is more dangerous so they prefer you to stay at the resort and for me we want to do a lot of excursions. I have also heard some good things about Mexico but for my honeymoon I don't want to go there!
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, we havent thought about where in Hawaii yet because I have never been. We were thinking all inclusive, with spots to view around.

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only downfall is i am allergic to the sun. I have to be careful about my exposure.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hawaii sounds amazing! We thought about going for our honeymoon but the season we wanted to go was their rainy season and we were looking for something all inclusive. Do you know where in Hawaii you want to go?

We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon and it was amazing! Lots of things to do, relaxing resort, tropical weather, great food. It had it all! We're thinking we might go back for our 5 year anniversary.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hawaii is a great choice! We're going to Fiji. But my favorite I've traveled to is Varadaro, Cuba (for warm, beach vacations) and southern Italy (for experience and adventure)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics