Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What style of honeymoon do you want?

Emilie, on November 1, 2016 at 14:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 22

Hey future newlyweds Smiley heart

Ready to go on this new adventure?

What style of honeymoon is your favourite?

1. Cultural

Go abroad and see what's out there!

Cultural Honeymoon Style

2. Minimoon

Short and sweet retreat. Stay local.

Minimoon Honeymoon Style

3. Adventurous

You can't just sit all day... you have to move! Think of biking, rafting, scuba diving, any activity!

Adventurous Honeymoon Style

4. Laid-back

Spa and the beach, that's all you need!

Laid-Back Honeymoon Style

5. Foodie

There's so much food to try out and you just can't wait to go on your honeymoon to find out!

Foodie Honeymoon

6. Arsty

Feed your brain with all the museums and galleries the world has to offer!

Artsy Honeymoon Style

What's your favourite style?

What type of honeymoon do you want?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Andrea, on February 28, 2017 at 20:05
  • A
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    #4 definitely hehe
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A happy medium of everything! With a two week trip to Naples and the Amalfi coast of Itaky we're planning on relaxing by the beach, sightseeing Vesuvius and Pompeii, chilling on Capri, eating sea food, drinking lemoncello and catching up on some reading. Totally going to vary day by day what we get up to which is perfect.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be having a minimoon... I don't have time to go visit his nan in NS before the wedding so we will visit with her for a few days after the wedding... We will see her at wedding but thats not the same as going to nan's... Then we will go to PEI for a few days just the two of us.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think laid-back foodie would work for us.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say cultural, laid-back, foodie and artsy all in one. We like to do a lot of things but also experience the culture and learn about the history as well as the food.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm secretly hoping for a free upgrade. I'm making us sweet honeymoon shirts so the flight attendants will know Smiley winking But ya... I'm going to have to just deal in economy. It will be my longest flight yet. But (I guess) thankfully, FH and I are both short(ish... we're both 5'5")

Thanks, I hope you do too!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL that is a good point! Although if I am going to spend that long on a plane I want first class seating and I am not sure that will fit after all the other wedding expenses! (my fiance is 6'6" and I am 6"2" I am not sure we would survive a flight that long in economy!) Definitely Fiji is worth and discomfort! I hope you guys have a fabulous honeymoon!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya... I'm not exactly looking forward to that part. But we thought... go big or go home! If I'm going to spend almost 2 days (with time changes) flying somewhere, it may as well be for my honeymoon (because after the stress of the wedding I feel like a few days in a plane won't seem so bad by comparison Smiley winking )

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is exactly the issue with going to Europe or Asia! There is too much to see and do we would want to be on the go all the time! Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is what we are hoping for as well! I think we are planning 10-14 days so we can accomodate a little beach relaxing and then some exploring and adventuring! We had thought about Fiji as well but that is a little too much plane time for my fiance!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have to look into that! I had no clie they did vacation packages either!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OOO great choices. Shockingly Costco has some amazing packages for Costa Rica!! I had no idea they even did vacation packages when I was looking. (I plugged in some random dates in June and it was like a 5 star resort with flights for 8 nights was $6,000 for the both of you!!!)

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is amazing! It is funny how things always work out in the end Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love zip lining! I have been but my fiance hasn't! And I have 4 places.... 1) Bahama's 2) Costa Rica 3) Jamaica 4) Dominican
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha thanks! It was a weird story of being able to afford it. I got laid off from my job the morning after we got engaged and working with my company for 6 years, I got a pretty kick ass severance package. I thankfully got a new job in under a month, so most of my severance money went straight towards the honeymoon!! Now I'm just hoping to get the flights cheaper than what they currently are... fingers crossed

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Zip-lining is the most fun!!! Do you have a short list of places you want to go?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going for a laid back vacation but with adventure as well! I could never sit on a beach or by a pool all week! I want to snorkel, swim with dolphins, zip line, go on a catamaran cruise for a day! Fun things like that ! Also we want some good food!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am SOO jealous! I have always wanted to go to fiji. Lucky girl!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had the same thought at first!!! But when I go to Europe, I pretty much leave no downtime because there's no much I want to see! So we opted for something relaxing instead

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going for relaxing! Though there will definitely be some adventure..we’re heading to Fiji, and if I’m going to spend 28 hours on a plane (Smiley amazing ) you better believe I’m going to do more than relax on a beach!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We might wind up doing a small weekend relaxation trip after the wedding as we will both be starting school a month after! In a couple years we will definitely have a bigger scaled honeymoon and hopefully see England!
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are mostly leaning to a laid back option where we can just sit back relax and recover after the wedding. We would like the option of some adventuring, great food and artsy stuff but if we don't feel like doing more than lazing by the pool or the ocean with a book then that is what we want to be able to do. Right now we are leaning to Sint Maarten/St Marten or Hawaii. Since we are going in September we want tropical weather without too much risk of tropical storms! Smiley smile My finace vetoed #1 early on in the discussions, I had initially thought a honeymoon trip to another country exploring the different culture and history of Paris of Japan would be amazing but I can definitely see his point that we just need to go some where and relax and unwind after all the wedding excitement. Paris and Japan can be for an anniversary trip Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics