Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Have you lied to your fiancé(e) during planning?

Cliodhna, on November 11, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

We’re not encouraging lying to your partner by any means, but sometimes a little white lie here and there slips out when discussing wedding plans. Maybe you told your fiancé(e) you liked an idea they had (when in fact you didn’t!) or that something was a little cheaper than it actually was! Spill it!

Have you lied to your fiancé(e) during planning?

Next Question: What’s been your least favorite part of planning?

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Planning Confessions

20 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 11:37
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope - no lying as of yet! but he is really easy, the only things he has strong opinions on were the venue, the time of year, and the suits

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Only because I wanted to surprise him! I said I wasn’t wearing a garter when in fact I had one with his favourite nhl teams logo and colours!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. It’s us against the world so we’re open about it all
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ONLY about my dress...I keep saying it's huge and poofy and hot pink with tons of glitter and rhinestones and little LED lights sewn in. He knows I'm lying but it's just so he has no idea what my dress will be like until he sees me coming down the aisle 😂
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No we share a bank account lol. No point in lieing about any prices. He let's me do what I want for wedding plans.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nah i got nothing to lie to him about. were both paying for it so i dont believe in lying for the price.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not that I can think of...I think the closest I could think of is saying I still need to buy my "Veil". I'm doing a cape instead, but he's insistent that he doesn't want any hints or knowledge of what my dress or look is for the day, and I think a cape would give too much away about the style of the dress.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha no!
    We had a pretty united front about our wedding. We had to, since our families are extremely different and had to manage their expectations closely.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No.... no lies in our relationship?? Plus we are both brutally honest!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I've been pretty transparent with him through the whole thing

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I cant think of anything, but i’m sure i’ve flubbed a couple facts about how much i’m spending on certain things i buy for the wedding hahahah but in my head, i’m buying it on my own so it doesn’t count toward the wedding budget 😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. It's killing me to not show him the dress. He might want me to keep more things secret instead of asking his opinion on every little thing!
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Rounded down on some items. - large purchases and small ... but nothing devious. He wouldn’t be shocked to know the real prices.

EXCEPT for all the yummi candles - just completely ignored talking about prices on those suckers
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only thing I lied about was my dress. We would watch so many hours of SYTTD that he started guessing what my dress looked like, so I had to send him in the opposite direction!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll sometimes round down on prices of smaller things that I know he'd find outrageous, but only if he asks.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are times where we do lie about things that they will not want to know or hear about. The prices of item being bought were mostly of being lower than actual said for since he felt I was going overboard with amazon shopping that time. He has no idea how much I saved as to not buying retail value.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! The only thing I didn't tell/show him was my dress - but that's pretty standard lol

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a few times I lied about how much I spent on things just so he wouldn't worry about money. Not major things but if he knew I spent 8$ at Micheals for ribbon for our cake he'd be annoyed and ask why I didnt go to the dollar store... so I told him it was 3$.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, I can't think of anything, of course other than silly jokes like saying my dress is neon green and stuff Smiley xd

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope - usually, he has to sign off on it anyway, so he needs to see it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics