Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Hair trial and make up trial - separate or together?

Joey, on October 23, 2019 at 10:05 Posted in Beauty 0 13

Do you plan to schedule your hair trial and your makeup trial separately? Or are you having them done together so you can see the complete look? Are you planning these trials for a day when you can show off the look, such as an anniversary or an engagement photoshoot?

Hair trial and make up trial - separate or together? 1Photo via KW Mobile Makeup & Hair in Kitchener

13 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 8, 2020 at 13:30
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did my hair trial the same day I picked up my dress from the seamstress so I had an idea how it all looked together. I then decided to change my hair from an updo to half up half down. I didn't do a make-up trial. I had previously used the make-up artist and the trial was just as much as the day of and I decided to just go with the look I had done with her previously.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did mine together since it was the same person doing both.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a makeup trial for our engagement photos a couple months ago but I might do another one closer to the date. I got my hair cut and coloured by the girl who will be doing my wedding hair on the same day but will do the trial sometime next year - I have to grow my hair out before then.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't booked any stylists yet but I think I would want to book the trials together to see the full look

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did mine together so I could see the whole look! It also gave my stylist a chance to see how long it took to have both done so she could do the schedule for the day of
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did them separately because of vendor availability but it was kind of nice to not see the complete look until the wedding.

• K
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did it together! It definitely wouldn't have had the same effect if I did them one at a time. Unfortunately the timing did not work out to go anywhere to show it off.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your hair looks great
    We’re getting married next October but I already had 1 hair and make up trial it was for a friends wedding and then I will have another for New Years
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did my makeup trial for my bachelorette. I never had my makeup done before and thought it would be a good idea to do a trial, so glad I did too. She did such a good job even if it was a simple look.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll do the trials at the same time since it’s the same company doing both. I don’t have any events coming up though so it will be just a regular day where I’ll look extra dolled up.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Together i need to know what ill look like. plus i dont want to waste two days going for one hair and one makeup

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine will be together because I’m using the same company for both.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Makeup - had my sister/MOH do my eye makeup at my bachelorette party

Hair - had my cousin-in law/ bridesmaid do my hair a couple days before the wedding just at home so that my Husband could see and give his opinion Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics