Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Seleena
Super September 2019 British Columbia

Hair Colour

Seleena, on April 23, 2019 at 12:42

Posted in Beauty 41

I reaaaally want to have my hair done. It's been over 2 years since I've coloured my hair. I have very long hair so it gets expensive fast. I also want a nice silvery blonde look and obviously want a very experienced colourist doing it. I last had a balayage which is grown out and more yellow blonde...

I reaaaally want to have my hair done. It's been over 2 years since I've coloured my hair. I have very long hair so it gets expensive fast. I also want a nice silvery blonde look and obviously want a very experienced colourist doing it. I last had a balayage which is grown out and more yellow blonde and sad looking now.

My questions are;

Who is dyeing their hair before the wedding?

How long before the wedding will you dye your hair? I'm thinking 1-2 weeks but I kind of want to try something out now that I still have 5 months?

Are you completely changing your look, or keeping it similar to what you have?

41 Comments

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am always so nervous of how my hair will turn out. When I had my balayage done, I was at the salon for 4 hours. It turned out amazing, but the colour went from a silver/white balayage to yellow-blonde in just a few days which was disappointing because it was over $300.

I am basically going for this look. I guess highlights and low lights? Not really sure, but it looks purdy. My hair is super long and I don't want to cut it because I am wearing my hair down Smiley smile

Hair Colour 1

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never had a full dye, only highlights, but I would like to lighten my hair back to the blonde I used to have. I find that as I've gotten older my hair has naturally darkened and I miss the blonde, but my hair is never a priority for me so I don't want to have to start worrying about roots. Hmmmm I think that with your specific colour that you want it's best to start talking to a stylist now to see what they think. I agree that you don't want to have much fading if you were to do something now and then have to do it again especially with the costs associated with it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely! I was so nervous when I went, PLUS the hair dresser was distrustful of me when I said my hair was virgin (it was), and couldn't promise me the results I wanted (and got!). I was still so nervous up until she dried my hair and I saw the finished look. This also is helping me envisdion my wedding day look better Smiley smile

What do you plan to do to your hair colour and cut wise?

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow, 7 years! Are you happy you made the choice to go early? I definitely am thinking about it now to get it done to make sure I like it. I think I'll definitely need a touchup within a week of the wedding because I want the colour to be fresh.

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that would be so pretty! I've been also growing my hair for a solid 10 years. It was just past shoulder length 10 years ago and now its like mid back length. My hair takes forfreakingever to grow. I don't even do anything with it, it just grows so very slow.

I don't want to do something drastic either, maybe more natural/blonde for me. My sister is normally dark brown/red and decided to go blonde for her wedding and hated it..I don't want to be her lol

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh girl, you are BRAVE!

I am a total baby and am scared to change my hair so drastically lol. I did a lot of experimenting with colour in high school, but now I do nothing. Can't wait to see the final product! When do you go in for your next session?

I'm thinking my hair is already blonde, so I probably wouldn't need a bunch of sessions. I just don't want to wait too long, but don't want to go too early. If I go early, I will have visible roots depending on what I get. My hair also turns pretty yellow after a while so it's a dilemma lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went from a light brown to blonde balayage and I went to try it out 6 months before the wedding. I hadn't coloured my hair in about 7 years and was super nervous! This is the big reason why I did it so early on, I plan to get a touch-up the month before the wedding (since I know I love the way it looks).

I'd recommend going soon and trying out the look you want. This will give you plenty of time to either correct it (if it doesn't look right), or tweak the look to something you want.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well, I had dyed my hair a purple ombre a year or two ago and just last summer chopped it all off to get rid of all the dead and fried ends. It was roughly at my shoulders almost touching my collarbones. -Now almost 10 months later, my hair is still short IMO, but I've got the bug to ombre it again or change it up in some way!! I've decided that I'm going to keep growing it out, and keep it my natural hair colour for the wedding to avoid any colour transfers on the dress, but have plans to change it up right after the wedding!! I'm thinking I will see what I look like blonde, and if I don't care for it I can try an Auburn colour, if that is still no good then... well... idk...

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Seleena!

I'm definitely going for a completely different look! I'm naturally a dark brunette but the last few years I was dying it a vibrant red but a few weeks ago I started dying a blonde balayage. With the drastic change, my stylist recommended starting about 6 months before the wedding and going back for 2-3 more dye sessions. I added the link to a discussion I started about my hair transformation journey, so you can see how different my hair looks now:

Hair transformation discussion

I definitely recommend going sooner rather than later if you're thinking of refreshing your hair colour, that way is you don't like it, there's still time to correct. You have 5 months so I would look to go soon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics