Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Hair and makeup

Shannon, on March 29, 2018 at 19:34 Posted in Beauty 0 6
Most things are planned and ready to go for our special day on August 25 but one thing that proves to be an impossible task is finding a reliable hair and makeup stylist, preferably mobile service. So far, after saying they were available for the day and having a date set up for a trial, two separate people have bailed on me. Frustrated and unsure of what to do, I'm reaching out for some suggestions or recommendations before I give up!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on April 3, 2018 at 10:28
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where are you getting married? I have seen you location. I know some of the people I have used do book in advance but below is the link of my makeup girl. She is amazing and does travel. Not sure how the trial would work though, might be something you would need to travel to her for. Her price doesn't include a trial however. The hairstylist I would suggest doesn't have a website but has a facebook page.

http://www.beyondlooksmakeup.com/

https://www.facebook.com/jackieblanchardhairstudio/

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's frustrating. My suggestion is to read reviews esp if they have fb page. That way you will be able to know pros and cons. Kijiji and fb group page I find i get a faster response but be cautious still.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Check out the Facebook Groups in your area.

I'm part of the GTA Wedding group and that's where I found my hair/make up people!

• Shannon
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've used wedding wire with few responses and then Kijiji because I was desperate!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that's upsetting!

I would suggest asking for recommendations on Facebook. In buy and sells or wedding groups there are people who can recommend someone they have used in the past.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't give up!

Where are you finding the people that you've reached out to?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics