Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Hair & makeup trial - is it a must-do?

Cliodhna, on January 20, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

It’s recommended that you carry out trials ahead of your big day, however, most hair and makeup artists charge an additional fee for trials. Do you feel a hair and makeup trial is a must-do? Have you budgeted this into your wedding plans?

Hair & makeup trial - is it a must-do? 1

Photo from Liliana Makeup Artistry in Toronto

Next Question: Videography?

Back to the Beginning: What is a must-do to you?

24 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on February 29, 2020 at 17:25
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, a must on the make-up. I don't wear make-up basically at all because I don't react well to a lot of the brands out there. If I was going to have a reaction to any of the MUA products, I don't want it to be the day of. (In case you are curious, my MUA has found a brand I don't react too! Yay!)

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! I want to make sure that everything looks good prior to the wedding. I don't want to hate my hair and makeup that day. I also am going to decide how I am going to wear my veil at my hair trial instead of messing my hair up the morning of.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did a trial for hair but not makeup as I had previously used that MUA and a trial would’ve been as much as day of
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're hiring someone to do them for you I think it's a must, just to make sure that the way they interpret your desired look is the way you actually want to look. Also, it let's you decide if you actually like the look you chose
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to do a trial. Not sure when but maybe for our Christmas party next year.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A must!!! after my trial we realized what products didnt work on my face so now we know for the wedding date!!!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely a must. I wouldn't trust anyone to just wing it the day of - professional or not.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A must do for me but I have a few formal occasions to attend so I'll use them as hair and make up trial

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must do. It wasn't something we were going to put our cost towards the day.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is a must do for sure - I just wish it was included in your package because it is a must do! Luckily my make up artist is an old friend so she included mine so just have to pay the extra for the hair trial, but I do want something a bit elaborate so I want to test that out for sure!

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely a must do for me! My maid of honour is doing my hair and makeup (she's professionally trained), and we are planning to do a trial here soon, maybe two if needed. Having a friend do it does save me some money though, so I understand not wanting to pay extra for this appointment.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a must do! My friend did everyone's hair but I still wanted her to do a trial to get a feel of how it'd look day of. I definitely wanted a make up trial since my skin can be sensitive to different foundations/products and did not want to find out on our wedding day.

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure! I’m still on the fence about this one. I feel like I’d rather save the money and put it towards something else in the wedding. But now all the comments are making me rethink this!
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a definite must have!! I want to make sure I actually love the way I look that day!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely necessary. I want to have the chance to check if my look photographs well, and to have the opportunity to change anything that I don't like

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my best friends (who’s a professional hairstylist and esthetician) is doing ours so we didn’t need the trial. I would with anyone else though!
  • C
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am definitely doing trials! There are some amazing hair & makeup teams that will offer at least 1 free trial. Shop around until you find the best team. Work it into your budget if you have time.

You don't want to look back regretting what it all turned out to look like. Going in knowing how it will all turn out takes a lot of stress off an already stressful morning!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES! absolutely a must do! i’m taking no risks for the big day!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a must for me. I have thin hair so I really wanted to see ahead of time if what I wanted would even work. It was also important for me to have a natural feel so I wanted to see my artist’s take on what i wanted before the big day
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a must for me. I don't wear makeup and I can't do my own hair so I need a pro. I want to be able to get to know the person and see their work on me before the big day so I can make changes, or (god forbid) find someone else if we don't click.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must! Even if you are doing your own hair/makeup - you should make sure you know how to do it, how long it takes, and what you will need. If you aren't doing it yourself, then you still need to know that your stylist/makeup artist knows what it is that you are looking for and can deliver.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Must do! I'm usually not one for wearing makeup or doing anything fancy with my hair, so I want to make sure I'll still look like me and not a painted doll
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must do for me. It was an extra cost, but I liked that I spent the money on that. I was able to see the whole look, and then adjust everything the day of to make sure it was perfect

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a must for me! I need to see how my look will come together before the wedding. This way I can tweak if I need to, change the look entirely, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics