Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mtlbride
Beginner August 2019 Quebec

Guestbook?

Mtlbride, on August 27, 2018 at 09:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 33

Are you doing a traditional guestbook? Something else? Share your ideas! Smiley smile

33 Comments

Latest activity by Mary, on October 18, 2020 at 16:52
  • Mary
    Newbie March 2021 British Columbia
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd love either a star map or a moon phase print

or maybe both

Guestbook? 1

Smiley winking

Guestbook? 2

star map is from https://strellas.com/ and the moon from https://positiveprints.com/product/moon-phases-poster/
  • Chloe
    Newbie November 2018 Alberta
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only have 15 guests so we have bought a photo album with writing space next to the photos and will leave a camera there and ask them to take a snap and sign the book and we will add the photo later and use it as a photo album. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and all that.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had this made as our "guestbook". Each guest will "leaf" their name.

Guest BookGuestbook? 3

• Lacey
    Beginner August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are making a photo book either off of Shutterfly or Costco and leaving white spaces for the guests to sign. The pictures will just be photos of us in chronological order and ending with our engagement photos. We wanted to include photos in some way since we’ve been together for 10 years so we’ve done a lot of “transforming” haha so this was our way of doing so!
  • Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm opting for a shadow box with wooden hearts Smiley smile Everyone can sign their name & drop it in. That way we can hang it on the wall to enjoy forever rather than a book on a shelf that we will never look at!

found on pinterestGuestbook? 4

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tori,
    Thank you for the link!
    This is such a great and unique idea!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There a couple sites that I found it on:

thenightsky.com

starrymaps.com

Starry maps looks like they offer more options of changing wording and the look of it though.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What website is the night sky from? It’s a great idea!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got this cute puzzle from Walmart that is all white and heart shaped. We will have guests sign this and then put our wedding photo in the middle and hang it on the wall in our house when we get one. We are also going to have a traditional guestbook for people to leave comments in.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! They have a three pack of metallic sharpies at Walmart!
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love the different coloured markers!!!! We were just going to do silver but that looks so good!!!
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what we did, and it turned out amazing!

Guestbook? 5
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a traditional book. We got a beautiful vera wang guestbook as a gift at our engagement party. It has a space to insert a picture (we will put one for the wedding hut after exchange for a pictire with the entire wedding). I wasn’t surr ehat to do but since we got it we’ll be using that 😊
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted something we would actually look at instead of book that will sit on a shelf and never be looked at again.
    Guests can leave us a note in one (or more) bottles and then we will read them all on that anniversary.

Guestbook? 6
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just went with a regular little book. The Art peices are nice, but they usually end up being huge and if you ever want to take it down it much harder to store. A book you can just put on a book shelf, and pull out when you want to share memories 🤗 I got these (It came with a matching ring dish) on Etsy.

Guestbook? 7
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have this and will get everyone to sign with silver sharpies. Then we can hang it up and look at it all the time Smiley smile

Guestbook? 8
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    General type book with personalized pen.

Guestbook? 9
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a traditional guestbook because I love things like that! We ordered this beauty off Etsy!

Guestbook? 10
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fingerprint treeGuestbook? 11

We wanted to get something that we could hang up in our living room so we can see it everyday so we decided to get a fingerprint tree! We will have ink pads of various colours that the guests can use to imprint their fingerprints onto the drawing. It will look like a nice wreath once it is complete! I got this online from a Chinese website and I think it only costed me $20 CAD with the ink pads!

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally we thought we would do a
    poloroid guestbook but now we are doing this instead. Just thought it would be more
    meaningful for us in the long run!

Guestbook? 12
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's awesome thank you!!! Thanks for the pen recommendation too saves me testing a bunch too hahah!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think writing letters to each other is a cute idea!

My friend turned hers into a guestbook for their house! Anytime they have guests over, for whatever reason, she asks them to sign her book.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

From Michaels! I bought a bunch of different pens from there as well to test which ones wouldn't bleed and I found Micros 08 was the best! The outside is a tan/light brown colour and the pens themselves come in a variety of colours. There was another type too, with more of a whitish casing and the lid and bottom were the colour of the pen. I don't see a name in the picture I have but the name could always be on the other side.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get the wooden hearts from! I need them for my idea too!!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love this!
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went for a more traditional book (except that we bought a cute notebook instead of an actual 'guestbook'), and I'm really happy that we did, because some people wrote really long messages that are very sweet and precious.

Now I'm just wondering what use I could make of all the empty pages left. I was thinking maybe we could add some love letters to each other on our anniversaries (that would give us an excuse to reread the messages too), or something like that.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a shadow box, wooden hearts, and guests signed a heart and dropped it into the frame. This is similar to what we did:

Guestbook? 13

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to have a big piece of wood (like a log cross section), however our friend is making us a custom, living edge table, so we won't be doing 2 pieces.

I'm thinking of doing a photo frame, or canvas, that has a big white matting around it for signing, and we'll put a wedding photo in it, so we can hang it in our home.

I don't care for the traditional guest books, or something that gets put away and never looked at again. So something pretty that will coordinate with our style would be preferred.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a photo guestbook! Guests will have access to an instant film camera, take their picture, and sign the picture!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw this idea online and I love it!!!

Guestbook? 14
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made our guestbook out of pallets and pine. It’s not done yet. We are going to paint a letter R for our last name. We will get a sharpie and everyone can sign around the R

Guestbook? 15
  • Mtlbride
    Beginner August 2019 Quebec
    Mtlbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that is really beautiful!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics