Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Guest who live out of the country

Joey, on January 26, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

How are you accommodating guests who will be traveling internationally to attend your wedding? Are you sending Save the Dates so they can start planning early? Is your wedding website being set up to include any special travel information? Are you setting up a hotel block for your traveling guests to use? Will you distribute welcome baskets with information about the local area? Share your ideas and questions here!

Guest who live out of the country 1

Photo by Details Vintage Decor Rentals in Edmonton

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rosalyn, on January 28, 2018 at 10:52
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve got friends coming from Australia. I sent out save the dates over a year in advance but also called all of them to let them know as soon as we set a date. I didn’t book a block of hotels as I am suggesting either Airbnb or Vrbo over hotels. But since one of my friends is coming solo I set her up at a friends place for the wedding (it’s in Canmore, she will be staying with one of my bridesmaids in Banff). Then I’ll get her a ride back to town to stay at ours while we enjoy a day together married.
    Travel baskets are a great idea. I was thinking of doing something like that, but since it’s out of town for everyone...that would be a lot of baskets! Lol
  • Cedar
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Cedar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will definitely put travel info on the website. Also, love the welcome basket idea! What sort of things would you put in it besides local info? Actual trinket-type items?

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My entire extended family is in England. So to get the best chance of as many people being able to come we sent the save the dates this week (We’re not getting married till November 2019 so just under two years warning) and I’ll be contacting them at the end of the year when flights will be open for getting tickets to see who’s planning on coming so I can reserve a block in a nearby hotel and I’m going to get a bus too and from the hotel to the venue, just since there’s gonna be a fair amount of people going to/from the same place.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have too many out of town guests luckily. Just a family friend in the UK, and a family member who lives in Hawaii.

We did send out Save the Dates about 10 months in advance of the wedding and had blocked some hotel rooms and gave the information on the Save the Dates too.

I think the international guests will end up staying with other family members truth be told, and the people who stay in the hotel will most likely end up being our friends who don't want to drink and drive. We won't do welcome baskets because I guess I just don't want another thing to think about Smiley sad

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be sending out save the dates early (year in advance) but my FH family who lives in the USA all know the date already. We will have a hotel block and opening our home to as many guests as we can the week before/after.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are sending out Save the Dates and got a group rate from our reception venue (hotel) for out of town guests. Haven't decided on a welcome basket yet but might do something small as I think it's a nice idea.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out save the dates. We will be blocking hotel rooms. We won't have welcome baskets but will provide information on transportation, things to do on our website. We will have people RSVP through our website. The RSVP is going to be close to the bottom so they have to scroll through the rest to get to it. So, hopefully they won't miss it!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We would generally send out invites only and inform out of guests by calling personally to make arrangements so they have the visa in time for the airline tickets. We didn't have any at our wedding though it would be nice.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out save the dates as we had several international guests. We booked a block at a hotel as we were getting married 3 hours from where we live. No welcome basket but we did encourage people to check out the city's website for any ideas of what to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics