Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Guest list

Holly, on March 24, 2018 at 23:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
My fiance and I recently moved to BC. Our wedding is in over a year from now, June 1, 2019. We are keeping our guest list under 100, we got pretty close and it started to look like it was going to be over 100 with kids. So we eliminated all kids, except for his only cousin who will be 15 at the time.

We are considering leaving space for potential close friends we make here, we both work in very team/family oriented jobs so we are both guaranteed to make a few close friends we want to invite. Of course not all will be able to make the trip from BC to Ontario for obvious reasons. Do you think it's still worth saving a few spots? 10? 15?

We will probably also cut our original list a bit now too, his mom and aunt want us to invite a few family members on his side that we literally never see or don't even know them and I don't want to invite them at all but don't want to offend his mom or aunt.

We still have at least 9 months before we start to send out save the dates so we have plenty of time to make these decisions. Just curious on the communities thoughts! 😊

4 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on March 25, 2018 at 16:48
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly, I have met these specific relatives maybe once..and I can guarantee they don't even remember my name or what I look like. My fiance even says,"what one is that?" when his mom or aunt mention their names lol
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree - saving the spots is a great idea!

In terms of the family thing.. our rule of thumb was that if a possible guest had not actually met our partner, then they weren't invited. I mean, we've been together 3 years+ they can't be that close with us if they haven't met my fiance or vice versa.

We made exceptions for my one aunt who lives in Hawaii, and one family friend of his, but we don't think either will actually come to the wedding.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. We are bound to make friends we see regularly so even if they are unable to attend the wedding due to the distance, I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to invite them!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a good idea to save some spaces for new friends. We recently had a few couple friends we decided to invite because we started seeing them regularly, and that was only a couple months after we sent out save the dates. So, within a year, I'm sure you will make friends you want to invite!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics