Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Grooms shirt

Rachel, on May 6, 2017 at 07:37 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18
Hey ladies!I picked up my dress yesterday and I'm totally in love! HahaMy dress is ivory. The lady at the store suggested that my FH wear an ivory dress shirt and not a white dress shirt. She said on the day you won't notice too much but in photos you will. I never considered this? Is this true? Will a white shirt and my dress clash? Eek! Help!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 16:37
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You may not realize it on the day. It will look good on your pictures after. Go with the ivory dress shirt for sure.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol for sure! Total life saver... well, picture saver haha

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely match, if you have ivory and white, the Ivory will look really off color almost like someone has been smoking near it or that it will look dirty. congrats on finding your dress!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We recently redid headshots at my office and the photographer said no white and no red, because of the way it reflects light. Off white is usually a much safer choice on camera, not for clashing, but for everyone to look their best on film.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes def go for ivory! That's what we did for my husband for our wedding and it looked great together in pics!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My outfit is a secret so I'll probably take his shirt for comparison and let him know if it needs to change.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had to buy one today, overseas for our engagement shots! I bought a dress that was black ivory and fuschia and when I put my FH white shirt against my dress with all those colours you could still see the difference between the Ivory and the white . So I witnessed it first hand! I found it though! Smiley smile Phew!
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

it never even occured to me! i owe the lady at the dress boutique a big hug and a bottle of wine!

Something to consider thats for sure!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And the ivory shirt hunt begins!!!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the first little detail to sneak up on me...hopefully the last lmao!

i think ivory will look great and ill make sure the groomsmen have ivory too!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i held it next to a super white dress at the salon and its very noticable.....he's going to order ivory and then ill compare them....our outfits are secrets to one another so its hard when i have to give up a piece of info! haha

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i cant beleive i didn't even thing about it! my Fiance almost bought his shirt last week too! thank god lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't thought about this either! Thanks for the tip though! I guess it would definitely make a difference in pictures. My dress is oyster with an ivory lace overlay.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel!

This is true! I heard it a lot of times.

So nice that you found your wedding dress. Can't wait to see the pictures.Smiley love You can always share it with us in a new discussion.

I would love you to meet the other brides-to-be in Ontario:

Kaitlyn - Couples getting married on 16/June/2018 in Ontario

Emma - Stag n doe game ideas?

Jennifer - My vendors in kingston

Do you already have the bridesmaids dresses? Smiley heart

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is very very very true!!!!!! Get an ivory shirt! Smiley smile
  • Dannie & Brett
    Frequent user July 2017 Manitoba
    Dannie & Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Chelsea hit the nail on the head. White is so clean and crisp, the off-white in the ivory will make it look more of a dirty colour. But of course just put the shirt by your dress and you will see!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it will depend on how deep the ivory of you dress is compared to the shirt. I would suggest getting the white shirt he intends to wear and putting it next to your dress and seeing if it really clashes. If it does then you can return his shirt and get an ivory one. Keep in mind though that his suit colour will be in between your dress and his shirt so it may not be as noticeable.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% true! I have an ivory dress. Putting white next to it, makes it look dirty. My fiance is wearing an ivory shirt to avoid that! Most professionals will say to go with an ivory shirt if your dress is ivory!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics