Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Groom and groomsmen tux?

Samantha, on January 17, 2018 at 14:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
Did your groom wear the exact same as the groomsmen?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 11:46
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our best men wore suits with matching dress shirts and ties cohesive to the MOHs saris (indian outfits)as part of each side.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband wore a grey 3 piece suit while his groomsmen wore a standard black suit. I like when you can really distinguish the groom from the rest; it makes it a little special for him as well.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine did.

The differences were just the tie colour and the Grooms boutonniere was fuller.

I had originally wanted them in a different colour suit, but my DH wanted them all in the same and just change up the tie colour. Since it's what he is wearing, it was his choice (he didn't get to pick my dress! lol)

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing a 3-piece navy suit for the FH and 2-piece navy suits for the groomsmen. Some people do different tie colours if you’re looking for a smaller way to distinguish.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't looked into tuxes yet, but I want my fiance to be slightly different. Either a different colour or he'll wear a jacket and not the others.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband wore a navy suit and his groomsmen wore charcoal. He wanted to stand out a little from his guys. It looked really nice in photos!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up doing different colours.

I insisted on my FH wearing a light grey suit, since that's what I first met him in and I will always remember that moment. We thought that the groomsmen might not get much use out of light grey, so we decided on a dark grey since that's a suit that's really versatile and they can most likely find other uses for.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only difference between the groom and his groomsmen for us is that the groom will have white green and yellow in his boutineere but his groomsmen will only have white and green. Their outfits will be identical otherwise Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is wearing the same tux but will have a black tie where the guys will have purple (our wedding colour) ties and the grooms boutonnière will have an extra flower to make it more full 😊
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've left this up to FH (although I have a little say on the colour palette). Because we are getting married in a greenhouse setting and it will be on the tropical side, he's decided that he wants the groomsmen to wear dress shirts and suspenders and he will wear the same dress shirt with a vest. I believe all will have bow ties and everyones pants will be the same. Comfort was a big priority for us and we wanted the guys to be comfortable and not overheat. Also since our ceremony/reception are happening at the same venue and everything starts at 5 we didn't want them to spend the money on the full suits just to wear the jackets for the quick ceremony & photos only to take them off immediately afterwards.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I chose to get the same suits with vests in our wedding colours (purple). My fiance is going to wear a bowtie though while all the other groomsmen will be wearing ties. He's also having a different boutonniere than the other groomsmen too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics