Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

Groom and groomsmen suits

Becky, on April 26, 2018 at 12:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27
Does anyone have any advice where to get cost effective suits? My fiance is looking for suits for him and his groomsmen that won't bust the bank. The groom is looking for a Burgundy suit and groomsmen a grey or charcoal grey which ever we can find. Any advice or suggestions would be great. We're keeping an eye out on varage sale, thrift stores and other places however we want to try and keep it as similar as possible and my husband would love a new suit. Thanks in advance everyone!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Michaelpears, on July 1, 2021 at 11:50
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Stephanie! I'll definitely keep it in mind 😊
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Vinod! I'm pretty sure the groom and groomsmen men are going to hit up some outlet suit stores to see if they can find what they are looking for and just own it for future events. I just cant get over how expensive suite rentals are 🤷
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had to get husband's suit for the same price as a rental at tip top tailors. Look around malls or retail stores to find out rentals vs. purchasing.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guys went through Moores. The groomsmen aren't wearing jackets, just my fiance, so their rentals are under $200 (including shoes) and fiance's is about $240.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Brittany, we will definitely keep that in mind 😊 I also find it bananas that renting a suit costs as much as buying them 🤷
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll have to keep that in mind thanks Stacey! Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our guys went to Tip Top Tailors because we looked at the price of renting a suit through Moore’s and it was just as expensive as buying a suit on sale through Tip Top!! (Which is bananas to me!!) we ordered ties through a company called The Tie Shop (online) and bought their shirts from the Gap. Their wrinkle resistant ones are really nice and do the job well. Still on the hunt for socks and shoes but overall we found this to be the best way. Smiley smile
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Defiantly can find good sales at Moore’s.

What I like about Moore’s is that you can rent the suits, and have them talored with the option of buying it after incase one of the groomsmen like the suit (and the added benefit of it being fitted to themSmiley smile ).

I believemy FH rented a suit and it came to about $350. So that was pretty decent. They have a huge assortment of colors and fabrics.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alexis, Our budget is as cost effective as possible our main goal is to keep it under 5000 but we shall see, we don't want to go broke over one day. I'll mention it to the groomsmen and see how they feel about that idea. Trust me somehow the men have been more indecisive about what to wear than the women 😂
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Chloe, I will keep that in mind with Moore's 😊
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've never heard of this place, that's an amazing deal I'll have to investigate this further. Thanks Rebecca 😊
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well thank you Stephanie for that great tip! I'll let Kris know so he can keep his eyes out on some deals!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea Brittany, thank you so much!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I haven't done much of the investigation for this, Kris has been hunting down suits for him and his groomsmen lol but I will definitely let him know to check them out as well! Thanks so much Jackie!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Jennifer! I'm going to look into the freeds suit sale for sure 😊
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What's your budget? EPH Apparel makes 100% custom suits (they even get to pick the liner of their suits) the boys get to keep starting at $379 plus 10% off if the party is 4 people or more. They've got consultants across Canada and will come to you for consults or measurements.

We're looking to go with them, once our groomsman can make up their minds (lol... boys).
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Moore’s always has good sales. They’re nice because you can choose a suit for the groomsmen that is available for renting or for buying so they have a choice depending on their budget. Another nice thing about Moore’s is they do business with David’s Bridal, so if you get your bridesmaids dresses from there you can colour match the ties.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tuxedo Royale is great. They rent the whole ensemble (shoes, vest, tie.. etc) for a set price. If there’s a specific amount of groomsmen the groom gets his free. My fiancé is getting his suit custom made somewhere else.. so he’s dividing up his free suit between the guys for an extra discount !
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh thanks for the H&M suggestion Karen! Our guys aren't wearing suits so this may be a great place to get shirts/pants Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd sign up for the newsletter for Moores, Tip Top Tailers, Etc.

They are always sending me coupons and times when they have good deals on! (buy one new suit and get a discount on all rented suits)

I really want my Fiance to buy something new, just a suit I don't see the need of a tux for us, and then if his guys can get a good deal on a rental it's perfect! Also Moores usually has their rentals come with full suit, shit, ties, pocket squares and even shoes for like $175! Honestly not too bad since you get THE WHOLE OUTFIT!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can always watch for seasonal sales at places like The Bay too! Great quality stuff, and if you catch it on a 30 or 40% off sale, you can get some great deals.

Guys can buy off the rack so you can wait and watch for sales for a little while (not too long!)... and then they can get alterations if necessary.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Suits start at $129 with pants at International Clothiers
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you check International clothers? There prices are fantastic on new suits.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friends wedding last year, they got the pants from H&M. and then check JCPenney online (they ship to Canada for affordable) for shirts. she got an amazing deal on dress shirts. even suits too.
    if you aren't far from Windsor, ON. Freeds does this awesome suit deal. you get a suit (jacket/pants), shirt, tie, belt, shoes, socks for 199 or 299 (depending on suit). you can't beat that deal!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem. I didnt either but I was so happy my sister knows how to find affordable yet good quality stuff.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much Karen! I didn't even think of H&M!
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can rent suits at freeds, moore, monty, collins. But if they wanna buy it best bet is to check out H&M or RW&co often has good deal. My sister found great suits at H&M for my groomsmen for great price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics