Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rekramer
Expert November 2018 Ontario

Got a cricut!

Rekramer, on July 4, 2017 at 09:38 Posted in DIY 0 17

After a coworker told me last week about the cutest sandals that she thought i'd love for the wedding, my mom and I got to talking about t shirts for me and the bridesmaids and my mom suggested we make them ourselves (we're very crafty and picky). Long story short, after some humming and hawing, my mom bought me a cricut! We're both so excited for all the things that have suddenly become options! Laser-cut invitations (way too expensive before), neon yellow t-shirts (my favorite color that online custom-shirt places never have) and calligraphy-addressed envelopes (my handwriting is terrible)!

Does anyone have a cricut? Has anyone seen any cool projects that they'd like to share? I'm so excited I just want to cricut everything!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 18:53
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the machine just haven't used it in the longest time. Made many patterna for scrapbooking projects. Amazing results.

Just got a jumbo storage box for the sceapbooks before christmas.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow I want one of these things. How much was it?!

• Ericabraam
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Ericabraam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My cousin has one and is addicted as well! they're amazing for making quick gifts Smiley smile

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tried to pm you this pic but it didn't give me an option to add the pic. Anyway, j made this on the vinyl setting but with window cling material. Really happy with how it turned out.

Got a cricut! 1
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For anyone interested, this is what I've made so far. A really crappy luggage tag as a test run for my coworker. She's getting better leather this weekend and glue and we're going to try again. And a decal made of window cling for my phone.

Got a cricut! - 1

Got a cricut! - 2
  • K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG! Upload Picture when you do this!! Please.. I really want to do it, but have no idea how. Sounds amazing!

Smiley smile

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I can get laser-cut style invites for $1.50 a piece with this thing, I'm so excited. I've already got a slew of projects lined up for it.

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will do. So far, I've had awesome experiences. I only got it a couple days ago, and my wedding is not for a while, but i made a couple tester faux leather luggage tags and it was super easy.

I'm planning to do the vinyl thing on a mirror instead of programs and menus too!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eeeeeeeeeeee!!! Show ussphotos of your projects!! Very fun Smiley laugh
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super jealous... I thought about getting one when we were doing invitations... My BFF has one loves it.
  • K
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Please post pictures!! My mom and I are talking about one too.. She wants one so badly and there are so many things you can do.. I want to do vynal to stick on to a glass mirror to make a seating chart!!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wine and cricut parties. That might take off!

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, I'm not that confident in my skills! But I have a coworker who is also recently engaged and we're now thinking wine and cricut parties to get us both crafting. My cricut arrived last night and I made faux leather luggage tags for a friend already! It's so awesome.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perhaps you can rent out your cricut to help pay for the wedding. I'm very entrepreneurial.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rekramer! Oh that is so nice!! Can't wait to see pictures of the results. Diy invitations & calligraphy - How many of you are making your own things for the wedding? - Getting ready sweaters. Here some ideas. I hope you like them xx

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like lots of fun is in your future!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd love a cricut but I don't have enough of a reason to use one (yet!) LOL I'm jealous! I can't wait to see your projects

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics