Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Gifts & Cards / Guestbook tables

Emily, on August 28, 2018 at 08:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Question about other tables in the venue. Do you have one table for gifts/cards and a separate table for your guestbook? Just trying to envision what this should look like!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 29, 2018 at 15:46
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had one table for gifts and cards, one table for the guestbook, and one for the seating chart. Guestbook and seating chart can both take some time, so we wanted to separate all three to reduce the wait and bottleneck effect.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is what we are leaning towards!
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have two tables. Our ‘guestbook’ is a larger canvas people will sign along with a ‘wish’ box where people can leave more of a note. This will be outside the main doors. I will then have a cards and gift table inside the main doors so we can watch it better like others have mentioned 😊
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just doing 1 rectangle table for guest book/card box/any gifts (around here...not many people give physical gifts). possibly 2 tables if my decorator feels necessary. but they would be side by side anyways.

you want to keep them together as much as possible so people sign the guestbook and remember to drop of their card

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be getting many physical gifts hopefully so ours will all be on one table!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have one long table in our cocktail area that will have our guest book and card box, as well as room for any other gifts. The only other table we considered having was for favours, but we have opted to place a favour at each seat.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with one table and having a money box that slides from the bottom to avoid any stealing. Have the gift table in the same room as the reception to overlook at times.

Krep the table simple. Half empty for the gifts, seating chart and money box with a slider from the bottom part avoiding any stealing.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well we aren’t having a guestbook but if we were yes I would have different tables.

One thing I was told when I was planning my first wedding 20 years ago, was that if you are having your wedding at a venue that other people will be around or have access too (like a hotel or venue that may have multiple events), that your gift/card table should be in the reception area away from the door. This helps avoid any gifts or cards “walking away” if you know what I mean. It’s sad but sometimes things get stolen. Especially cards that are likely to contain money.

Since we are having our reception at a hotel our table is being set up in the reception room on the other side from the door. We will also be removing any gifts and the card box once the dancing starts.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think to take up less space at least, we will be putting that all at one table and the physical gifts can go on the ground

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics