Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christine
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Gift for awesome wedding planning couple

Christine, on June 14, 2018 at 23:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
We have a couple who are our best friends. They introduced us and have offered to do all of the our Day-of coordination. They are taking care of set up for both the ceremony and reception, purchased decorations, are doing our ceremony music and generally keeping us sane. And I can’t think of a single gift that’s appropriate to give them! Any ideas? Thoughts? A neat experience or weekend getaway? Anything?!?! I’d love any ideas at all.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on June 21, 2018 at 14:59
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on what your budget for their gift I would definitely opt for a getaway weekend, if not than a date night (gift card to a nice restaurants, maybe tickets so a show or a sporting event -depending on their interests)

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that's kind of them! You have great friends; I agree that a weekend getaway would be a perfect gift!

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A weekend getaway in Toronto or Niagara on the lake would be wonderful!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I always like doing a gift certificate of an evening out. Dinner at their favourite restaurant followed by an activity (movies, bowling, wine tasting, brewery tour and tasting, etc). Especially if it's something they wouldn't necessarily do for themselves.
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I'm going to check it out. Right now we're working on the engagement party haha
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice, we did a long engagement as well. Makes planning and getting things done much easier. If you live in the Niagara area check out Stonewall Estates specially if you like rustic style venues. That’s where we’re getting married this Oct.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A weekend getaway sounds nice!
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My big day is not until 2020 end of Aug or early September hehe. I went as far as Niagara for the venue because I just love the outdoor greenery ceremony and reception. Right now I have 3 venues I like, the farthest is Burlington.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ray, those are some amazing ideas. I’m from Niagara as well, St.Catharines to be exact but I live in Calgary, AB now. When and where are you getting married?
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this a getaway gift is nice and it shows how appreciated you are for them introducing you to your partner and helping you all the way. It doesn't have to be a big getaway. A nice local getaway is nice too especially where I'm at we have the Niagara falls and sometimes you can find good deals on Groupon which includes a chocolate tasting and winery tasting and tour and other perks. Or a boat cruise in Toronto same thing while staying at a hotel for a night or 2.
  • Marleau
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sounds like you guys are very blessed with some amazing friends. I would have to say along with everyone else a weekend get away or a neat experience. Depending on what you were looking to spend, you could do a spa day for 2 with couples massages, or a hot air balloon ride, nice upgrade in a hotel room for the weekend of your wedding with something else, or even a weekend getaway to Banff or Canmore. You could even do a getaway with wine tasting in Kelowna (if their up for a road trip).
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say a weekend getaway is a wonderful idea!! Give them their own little honeymoon after helping so much with your wedding hahah!! Can easily keep it under a few hundred dollars!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the weekend of the wedding upgrade their accomodations.

Books a spa day, or wine tour for them to go to afterwards in their own time.

Yay for lovely friends!😊
  • Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I vote experience or get away too. Hot air balloon ride? Cottage weekend? A day at a Norwegian style spa?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of a weekend getaway! It depends how much you want to spend. You could get them a nice hotel room for your wedding weekend. A neat experience, like an escape room. A couple nights at an Airbnb, or in the mountains.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics