Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Getting ready timeline

Megan, on March 7, 2019 at 11:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
What time should the bride and bridal party be ready (including hair and makeup) before the ceremony? My ceremony is at 4pm.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on March 11, 2019 at 09:45
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When are you doing your pictures? Before or after the ceremony? Also, how far is it from where you’re getting ready to where your ceremony is?

Our ceremony is also at 4pm but we’re doing our photography first, so I’m going to be ready at 1pm, have an hour in between to just relax and take it easy, then be at the venue for 1:45pm.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you doing any photos and such before the wedding? My sisters wedding we got ready at my moms house and we have like an hour to spare, take any selfies or calm nerves or eat and then we drove to church!
  • Megan
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's actually just my mom and I. I'm not really concerned with how long it will take, it's more about when should we be ready?.. how long before the ceremony should we be ready? Is an hour enough or more?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many girls do you have? Your hair and makeup people will be able to tell you what they think on how long will take normally its each around 45 min and yours will take an hour. 45 min per person to an hour. I am getting married at 4pm and have 6 girls and myself. We are starting 8am as we want phones ahead of time not during cocktail. We are doing ahead of time: girls getting ready, guys getting ready, Girls all ready dressed up, guys dressed up, then first look, all wedding party together, and then during cocktail our family

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Without any photo's before the ceremony - I would say to aim for 2PM in case you go past that time

With photo's - be ready for noon.

My ceremony is going to (probably) be at 5:30 and we are taking all/most pics before so we giving ourselves 2 hours for photos. Therefore I need to be ready by 3PM latest. (Hide for 30 min when people start arriving!)

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Megan,

We don't have our timeline figured out as yet, but I would say look for timelines on Pinterest.

Your timeline would depend on a number of factors, including how long hair and makeup will take, the size of your bridal party, and how long it takes to travel from the place where you're getting ready to the ceremony venue.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is at 5pm and we are doing first look and wedding party pictures before that.

So it really depends if you are doing pictures before or not. All the ladies will be ready by 11:30 as thats when our photographer is coming to do getting ready pictures with us. We will then be at the first look picture spot for 2pm.

Best piece of advice, is work backwards. Factor in travel time, plus a buffer because we all know once one thing runs late, it pushes everything back.

• S
    Curious August 2019 British Columbia
    Svetlana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on if you are to do first look/photos etc... me and my girls want to be ready by 11 for photographer to come, and then ceremony is at 2, with short travel time, but we are doing a traditional thing that will take us about an hour 12-13, and then just leaving time for everyone to get organized and head to the ceremony
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is at 2pm! I will be ready by noon as that's when our photographer will show up to take the "getting ready" photos!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say be ready 3 hours before roughly. My ceremony is at 3 and I am determined to be completely ready by noon, if possible!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is an awesome resource! Thanks for sharing Valerie!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Ladies! Here's a great article with different timelines : A Complete Wedding Timeline, Six Ways

You can start there and tweak it once you've met your photographer, hair and makeup crew!

• Sheila
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Sheila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing formal/bridal party photos before the ceremony too? We are also having a 4pm ceremony and not sure what our plan is for timing, so I'm curious to see what responses you get!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics