Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Getting ready outfits - are they a must-do?

Cliodhna, on January 20, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26

How do you feel about getting ready outfits? They’re perfect for snapping some cute getting ready pictures with your squad, however, they’re not paramount to have!

Getting ready outfits, a must-do or an unnecessary expense?

Getting ready outfits - are they a must-do? 1

Photo by Rosanna Le Photography in Toronto

Next Question: Hair & makeup trial?
Back to the Beginning:
What is a must-do to you?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on February 29, 2020 at 20:30
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! I got the robes from eBay and slippers from Ali express! Also got a ton of little things from Amazon and personalized cards from Etsy.
  • Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh great !! what website did you place your order?

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not a must to all be wearing matching stuff for me, but the must is me getting a getting ready outfit that I can slip off without going over my head. Surprisingly, I don't own a single thing like that. Don't want to risk messing up hair or make-up once they are done. Smiley tongue

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids and I decided to get robes done and I am thrilled with how they turned out. It gives us extra reasons to have pictures just me and the girls that morning. Smiley smile

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Id do cute matching something.. shirts, pjs, or yeah, robes but not ssying bride, moh or bridesmaid cuz they will never use them again
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed that is not a must.... but It does make for nice pictures and if you do your research can be inexpensive. I think they are supper fun! I was able to order matching robes and slippers for under $100 for 7 people.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must. I prefer photos of us all dresses up
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must in a make-or-break way, but I really love the idea so we'll be doing it for mine 😁
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is completely unnecessary but i totally bought robes for all of my wedding party to wear! AHAHHA

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wasn't a must but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was fun and a cute gift for the girls that they could use afterwards. And our photographer will be around for the end of getting ready so why not?

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must do but definitely a nice touch I would say. I got my girls robes and I’m adding them as part of their BM gifts.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A must do since I'm getting ready with my sisters, mom and grandmothers

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must do! Getting ready with the family was more important for the pictures and our wedding party of four.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must do for me! I want that classic getting ready in robes with champagne photo Smiley laugh

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided the robes and hair crowns would be my gifts for my bridesmaids, so we'll be doing this. I ordered from weddingstar on Wednesday last week, and the robes arrived Friday, and I couldn't believe how quickly I recieved them. The website didn't have the embroidery that I wanted, so I'll need to find someone in town to embroider them.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unnecessary expense. They are cute for photos but our photographer arrived after the bridesmaids changed into their dresses. I thought about doing plaid shirts with name/role but I didn't know if my girls would wear them again so I skipped it.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of them, but It will only be myself and my MOH, so not necessary!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the trend and I looked long and hard to find something I liked for my girls.

I found the cutest sunflower print robes from robesbysilkandmore, they were totally customizable in terms of length and size and despite the name they're made of cotton so they're not shiny and slippery.

I can't wait to give them to my girls when we check-in to our airbnb after the rehearsal dinner

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to bother it's just two of us. We can wear whatever we want. If I found them on sale for great price I suppose I would consider.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I could do without. They’re cute but not a requirement for my day
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re fun, but not a must do for me!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a silk robe that said bride but I got that more for having something I can wear that I can take off without damaging my hairdo. I didn't have matching robes with my girls or anything
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not doing getting ready photos (or not many) so it's unnecessary for me! They're super cute, but everyone does them now so if you're in more than 1 wedding all of a sudden you've got a collection of silk robes...
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unnecessary expense in my opinion. They look cute but they are expensive and not always size inclusive.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unnecessary expense I think. I have bridesmaids of different sizes, so I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable in what I would have chosen. So we opted to not do it.

Plus the way I scheduled our photographer, there was not a ton of time for getting ready pictures, I was more concerned with ones of us all dressed up

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing them but I don’t think they’re necessary. It’s more for the pictures than anything else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics