Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Beginner January 2019 Alberta

Games

Vanessa, on May 8, 2018 at 17:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Is anybody planning any games/activities during cocktail hour or for the reception?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Francisco, on January 17, 2019 at 07:38
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped on the games as everyone was enjoying the sun and weather outside patio and dancing throughout the evening til end of the night.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be playing a few games!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going have a few lawn games, giant jenga for sure and my grandpa is making us a bean bag toss. We’ll probably have beer pong set up as well and then we’ll most likely find a couple more lawn games. Smiley smile
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I'll have a few deck of cards and I'm going to try to make the personalized Connect 4 and Guess Who? But it's an "if I get to it", not a must kind of thing.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few games...but NOT board games!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! We're getting married at a golf course and I'm having a mini putt game made. We'll also have ladder ball, washer toss, bocce, kanjam, and maybe a few others. I know my family will love having these games to play while theyre waiting for us to show up!
  • Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we’ll have lawn games set out during our outdoor cocktail hour. Hoping it will help to break the ice between strangers at our relatively small wedding. That and the red and white sangria! Haha
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No we’re not. I went to many weddings as a child/teen and none of them had games. Or a cocktail hour for that matter. It’s just an added expense. Guests can entertain themselves. They’re mostly adults and adults don’t need to be entertained all the time.

I think it’s a nice gesture to be able to offer them something but I don’t think it’s necessary.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Doubtful. There's going to be so much food and whatnot going on that we're skipping games. I'd personally love to go to a wedding and find games during cocktail hour tho Smiley smile

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yea Smiley smile we're gonna put boardgames out for everyone to play, they'll just be able to pick whatever they wanna play and bring it to their tables. We've also put that on the invitations ("Join us for lunch and boardgames after the ceremony" or something along that line). There won't be dancing / first dances etc
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah! We’re going to set out some picnic tables with cards and board games. We’re also going to have giant Jenga and hopefully bocce ball and croquet. And our location has mini golf!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics