Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Funniest moment during the planning process

Stephanie, on December 4, 2017 at 14:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Planning can be stressful! I'm sure we've all said/heard that multiple times. Has there been anything that's happened that you can laugh about now?

For me, it was our save the dates. I accidentally put July 7, 2017. I didn't catch it and fiance didn't catch it. It wasn't until after we sent them that his mom noticed it. I can laugh about it now, but for awhile it was awful! We had e-mailed them, and we were able to correct the date for the ones that had not been opened yet. We sent out another e-mail joking that for the invites, we would have all the correct information so they wouldn't be sent to Europe for the wedding!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 9, 2017 at 18:41
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have two more:

My nephew is 3 (will be 4 by the wedding) and he loves my fiance. He actually said my fiance's name before mine! We were visiting with them and my nephew said "auntie, your dress looks soft." (My sister-in-law showed him and my older nephew the picture because they wanted to know what a bridal gown was). Fiance was sitting there and said "I don't want to know about it" My nephew looks at him all serious and says "It's not red"!

Another story with this nephew. My sister-in-law has nine siblings, and most of them are married, so they have lots of aunts and uncles on that side, and my nephews are starting to realize who is married and who isn't, and not every adult in their lives is related to them. He turns to my fiance and says "you aren't my uncle yet"

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Today my fiancé started on the playlist while I was at work. So, he wants to play for me the songs he chose. The first is our first dance, which is our song, then he plays the grooms entrance, which is one I hadn't heard before but the guy sings "this is the best day of my life". Then, he says "this is the bride's song". I thought it was weird that he chose the song I would walk down to...he plays it and...it's the Darth Vader song from Star Wars! I laughed. He wants to play it at the rehearsal dinner as a joke! I'm all for it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha oh that is too funny!

I think for us the funniest moments were planning the playlist for our wedding. Our song choices were sometimes so odd and unexpected that we spent a lot of time just laughing and singing.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met with our officiant and he is an awesome guy so very happy my MIL suggested him, but duuring our meeting he essentially invited himself (and wife) to our wedding too, it was a shock to us. After our meeting on the drive home we just burst out laughing.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    LOL - I want to check my RSVP's now. Haha. We recently had a great meeting with our officiant (unboring wedding). Full of business AND some good laughs. We did a little road trip to meet him. That's probably the most fun we've had planning so far. Another funny thing, my fiance said was, "When do I get to wear my ring?" I was quiet. We both started laughing because he instantly remembered that he's getting his ring at the wedding. Derp.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following!!! I want to hear everyone's funny stories! Definitely a good stress reliever.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics