Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super July 2019 Ontario

Flowers for the moms

Jennifer, on October 31, 2018 at 13:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

What are people doing for flowers for the moms at your wedding? or what did you do? I know my FMIL wants something.

I was looking at purse/pin flowers vs a corsage or something they pin on their dress. but some of the prices seem high to me. starting at $25 a corsage. is that a normal price? is that fair? I get fresh flowers and the work behind it. I just didn't expect them to be so much higher than a bout.

Purse CorsageFlowers for the moms 1

23 Comments

Latest activity by Robyn, on November 27, 2018 at 00:11
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having corsages for both moms. The average price I've gotten (Toronto) is $30-35 per corsage.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would prefer to skip it. hahah but FMIL wants one. so I figure I will do it for all of them.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to hear its a normal price. i'm not against getting them if they want something. its more of "is this price fair" hahaha

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok. good to hear! when its something you have never bought before. its hard to know pricing and whats fair/reasonable.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing wrist corsages for our moms, they are $30 each! I'm in Edmonton

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the moms had corsages but I was so busy on the day of, I have no idea if I even saw them now that I think about it. I think $25 seems about right, and if they want them, that's such a low price to pay for a little peace.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a normal price! We're personally skipping them because my mom doesn't want anything like that.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The corsages for my moms are $25 each. We are leaving it at my Step Mom, and FMIL as we want to keep costs down.

They are just going to be super basic and matching what they are wearing

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here haha, 2 moms and 2 grandmothers! Honestly I didn't think of it item by item because it's all built into my floral cost. So even though the corsages were $25 per, my florist included a flower girl bouquet, my toss bouquet for free, and vases for all mine and my girls' bouquets for when they are not being used. It ends up being less when you look at it from the perspective of a full package with free things thrown in.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting noon on corsages for the moms and grandmas and they are $15 each from our florist
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing fake flower corsages for both moms and they start at $20 ish on etsy so I think $25 is pretty darn good for real flowers!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome to hear this is an average price. the florist i'm going through seems really reasonable to me. I just wanted that confirmation. haha

plus. when you have 4 moms. 25 each adds up quick.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really liked the clutch idea when it was shown to me. something different. and they need to carry their clutch anyways.

I don't want to ask too many opinions as 2 "moms" we are surprising with it (one is a very good friend of mine who is like a mom. the other is my FH's dad's "buddy". they are sort of together. but don't live together - never will. but we think of her as a stepmom).

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHAHHA best response!

they can if you want. I know FMIL really wants them. my aunt (who is being my "mom") will appreciate it. but not care. and then we have 2 other women that are like mom's too us.

I've been to lots of weddings where they weren't done at all. and it still looks great.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok. this is good to know. I wasn't sure if that was reasonable or not. and when you need 4 of them. that adds up quick! haha

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$25 sounds reasonable for a corsage, that's what I'll be doing!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wait, what? Parents get flowers? This is the first I've heard of this. Let's just chalk it up to cultural differences haha.

Ugh, this means my FH's family will probably expect something, whereas my parents won't even know what we're talking about.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I figured that I would get wrist corsages but now that you mention the purse/clutch idea that is something that looks really great and I've never seen it done! I of course would give all options to the moms though - if one wants purse flowers and the other wants a corsage, that's cool too.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our mom's are each getting a corsage, as is my grandmother (the only grandparent who will be at the wedding). Worked out to about 15$ per corsage, but my flowers as a whole were about 40% cheaper by going through a lady who works out of her home (retired after 30+ years as a florist, just does it now for fun) rather than a shop.

20-30$ is the average I saw for corsages though, at least in Edmonton

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My flower package from Valley Flowers (through Costco) includes corsages for the moms. You can pick pinned or wrist. I've picked wrist corsages.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a corsage for my mom since I know she wants one!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a corsage for the moms. My friend did small bouquets for the moms. I really like the purse corsage! Those are cute. I've never looked at prices so I don't know what's normal or not.

What about ordering bouts for the moms and attaching them to the purse instead of the dress.

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am thinking of doing corsages although i know my FMIL doesnt want one. I was also quoted around the $25 range for each corsage so seems to be a standard price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics