Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia
Amanda, on August 12, 2021 at 14:36

Posted in Plan a wedding 57

Hello WeddingWire Family! What are you all planning on doing for flowers?! Are you going artificial or real? What kind of flowers are you going with?! Let us see what you've chosen so everyone can get some ideas. It's always nice to see what combinations everyone has picked! My fiance and I decided...

Hello WeddingWire Family! What are you all planning on doing for flowers?! Are you going artificial or real? What kind of flowers are you going with?! Let us see what you've chosen so everyone can get some ideas. It's always nice to see what combinations everyone has picked!

My fiance and I decided to go with artificial flowers for a few reasons. One, the price of artificial flowers is 3 times less then real flowers. Two, we're getting married in a different province then where we live, so it'll be easy to transport. Three, the flowers won't wilt the day of our wedding in 35+ degree weather. And the fourth reason, we're able to choose the exact flowers we want instead of only having to choose from certain flowers that are in season with real flowers.

For our Bouquets we have decided on Cali Lilies, Anemone Flower, Berries and Leaves

For our Boutonnieres and Corsages we will have Cali Lilies, Berries and Leaves

And for our Centerpieces we have gone with Hydrangeas, Berries and Leaves

I don't have a picture of them made up yet since they're still at the flower shop but I'm excited to see the finished look when it's complete!!

Cali Lilies

cfb_68907.jpg

Anemone Flower

cfb_68909.jpg

Berries

cfb_68911.jpg

Hydrangeas

cfb_68913.jpg

57 Comments

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful! I love the idea of the LED lights!

• Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 1

Flowers 2
    I had made origami bouquets and boutonnières for my wedding (with help fromy bridesmaids, mom & mother-in-law), however with changes to our wedding due to covid, we got married immediate family only and didn't end up having a bridal party. Instead, I used the bouquets as photo props, others as wedding decor and we opted for real flowers for just my bouquet and my husband's boutonnière. The origami flowers were awesome, original, less expensive than traditional flowers and fun to make (though time consuming!). Plus, they don't die after the wedding!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did artificial rentals as the reasons you had made sense except it was local near my parents home. The vase with a white floral ball was the simplest as each table got one per 8 persons. The addition I added was watercolour beads and LED lights to go through the night for its brightness. The idea was the pride flag order of seeing the tables getting one per colour. This was a gift from my parents as they paid for it.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had a fun time choosing ours! I'm sure you will too! Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, thank you!!!!
    I really can’t wait to choose them and see the plans.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All of these flower selections are beautiful Smiley heart Love the color that you've chosen as well

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure your vision will come together perfectly no matter what Smiley heart

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am looking into real flowers and with Costco Florals.

I’m trying to follow this flower guide or ideas. Along with baby breath and greenery.Flowers 3

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I love them all individually as flowers but they are quite different colour-wise so hoping they will all look good together. I also thought about hydrangeas or lilacs at first, but my florist advised me those (from bushes/trees or with woody stems) don't do well in bouquets because they need water or will wilt quickly. And the ones I've picked are such a different combination I've had to just picture it in my mind together since I can't find any bouquets with all those elements in it to visualize 😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love all the choices you have chosen! I think they'll look beautiful together Smiley heart

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really want blush pink peonies, white peonies, light blue delphinium, white stock, maybe light lavender stock as well.

PeoniesFlowers 4

Delphinium (larkspur)Flowers 5
    Flowers 6

White stock and purple stockFlowers 7
    Flowers 8

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I totally did the same thing when I got my phone call about my dress 2 years ago Smiley xd Smiley xd

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh that’s super exciting!! 🥰 that reminds me when I got my phone call for my dress Sunday night I drove over so fast to get it I was so excited LOL

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! She really has outdone herself! We got the phone call from her just the other day that she has them all finished, we're going to pick them up tomorrow!! I'm super excited to see the finished product!!!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!

Oh my goodness that look so pretty! I love the colours together! 💕 can’t wait to see the finishes product!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think the centerpiece will look amazing with the blue carnations!

We were at our florist about 2 weeks ago to see how our flowers are coming along. Since we're going the artificial way, we picked our flowers out almost 2 years ago and they've been sitting in a box. She had a few pieces somewhat done but not completely done yet and this is our centerpieces so far this is what she's done!

Flowers 9

Flowers 10

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I’m thinking something like this with some blue carnations too!

And the centerpiece sort of like this but blue and white not pink! Flowers 11

Flowers 12

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Blue/white Carnations are beautiful! Love the flowers you've chosen Smiley heart

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing white gladiolus with blue/white carnations! They have been my favorite flowers since I can remember.
    I might add a little accent like leaves or baby’s breath..
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hydrangeas are beautiful for centerpieces that why we went with them for ours!

I did the same with our florist when it came to my bouquets except I told her I want to have Cali Lilies as part of it. That's when she was like Ok! and then brought in a few others to incorporate with the Cali Lilies and I mean she has been amazing! We went a few weeks back to see how the process was going and here's just a little bit of a sample of what my bouquet is like. It's not completely done yet

Flowers 13

Flowers 14

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Samee! I know I want hydrangeas in my centerpieces but I'll probably just let the florist decide for the bouquets
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't wait to see what you have picked out when you do Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Baby's breath is beautiful. It sounds like you'll have lovely flowers for your wedding Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing fake for centerpieces and decor. I haven't really thought too much about what flowers specifically. For our bouquets we will have real flowers, also not too sure which kinds.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Because we're not using too much flowers in our arrangements, we opted for real. Fiancee is using a lot of baby's breath and the florist will arrange for pastel colours flowers that are in-season to liven up the white.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics