Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristie Mendoza
Beginner July 2019 British Columbia

Flower Girl

Kristie Mendoza, on October 2, 2017 at 12:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hi everyone, Thoughts on having a flower girl at the ceremony? I feel like I could do without one just because I think it's an added cost and extra stress....does that sound harsh? I know a bride who only had 2 flower girls (her nieces) and NO bridesmaids. Who is having a flower girl and who isn't at their wedding? I would love to hear thoughts and opinions!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on October 3, 2017 at 23:04
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 2 flower girls and 1 ring bearer. They will be leaving after dinner. Truthfully they are no added cost, parents buy their outfits, and their plates are 10 dollars each, free if under 2, but they will be 3 right before our wedding. They are also leaving after dinner.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not having a flower girl. For one, I don't have any little girls (and boys for ring bearer) in our families that are the right age, and I feel like it's a hassle for not only myself but their parents. I love the idea, but I'm just not interested in having one at mine.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a flower girl. We didn't really see the point and didn't have any little girls in our life that we would have thought of for this. We did have 2 ring bearers though.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our pup is going to be our flower girl Smiley heart

• Stacy
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's entirely up to you! It all depends on if you have a flower girl you would absolutely want to be apart of everything. My sister is 24 years younger than me lol so she will be 2 years old when i get married and will be my flower girl! All depends on what you want, dont feel bad if you dont either !

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Similar to Chanelle - we had an adults only wedding, so we didn't have a flower girl!

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve decided not to have one. We are having a child free wedding as it’s a mini-destination to the Okanagan (wine country), not a very child friendly venue, and honestly we just don’t want kids there at all, especially little ones.
    However I shot myself in the foot a bit right when we got engaged, like the day after, because I said our friend’s baby could be the flower girl, and am now having to revoke that (the kid will be 3 when we’re getting married so it’s not like it will affect the child). We had a lot of questions from other guests with young kids about if they could come, and ultimately decided it wasn’t fair to have 1 baby there but no others. Not looking forward to this conversation with her mom :/
    To the OP, I find that very interesting to have 2 flower girls but no bridesmaids! To each their own!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a flower girl, our niece, and her brother was the ring bearer.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 2 flower girls (my youngest cousins) and two ring bearers too (their brothers). I wanted to include them because my other cousins are in the bridal party. Plus when the girls found out that my FH and I were getting married they were so excited about dresses and shoes and getting married. It is super adorable!

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 3 flower girls, and it was tough to choose which kids to include. Between the 2 of us, we have 17 nieces and nephews all under the age of 10. And we are pretty close with all of them. We just decided on what age range would be the best (usually better behaved if they are a bit older), and went from there.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a flower girl as she is my niece and I want to include her. Rather than buying a expensive dress for her we are making one. To save some coin.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not having a flower girl. We don't have anyone who means a lot to us who is a young girl.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics