Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Flower decisions

Candace, on December 28, 2017 at 21:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
I am at a complete loss as to what flowers to choose. I have looked at what ones will be in stock and which ones come in the colours I would need but how do you go about picking what type of flowers to use?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 4, 2018 at 15:13
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree that it would be way too time consuming!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m leaning towards doing that lol, I don’t care enough to spend a huge amount of time planning each flower in my bouquet
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found looking on Pinterest to be overwhelming in the extreme! I found out which flowers were in season for my wedding and chose a few main flowers I wanted (sunflowers and dahlias) and let the florist do the rest. I told my florist our wedding colours (decor and attire) and my budget and how many bouquets and boutonniers I wanted and off she went. She sent me the occasional question to ask if I was ok with certain types of flowers but otherwise she had free rein and I loved my bouquets!

Flower decisions 1

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say look at the types of bouquets on pintrest for example and your wedding colour or flower colour preference. And bring the photos to a florist like others have suggested or/and if you have a favorite flower try to incorporate it. They can dye most flowers now a days or spray paint them. I have bought roses in a multitude of colours per individual rose.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will try doing that, thanks
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's fair. One thing I did was googled my flower colours and looked at the bouquets that showed up. Or on Pinterest. Then, when you find one you like, take it in to a florist to see if they can duplicate. Doesn't really help narrow it down right away but good for a visual.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m just so overwhelmed by everything when I look online, it’s crazy. I’m just looking for anything I can use to narrow my search a bit.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a few of these details as well that I’m just not spending the time on but I want my flowers to pop somehow and I’m just overwhelmed by looking at all the images online
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't get too caught up on individual flowers. Start saving pictures of bouquets that you like and you'll start to notice common elements that you keep gravitating to. Some elements to consider are: Bouquet shape, size, type of foliage, abstract design or a clean symmetrical design. Do you prefer a variety of flower shapes and sizes or something uniform and clean looking (example: all roses). If you go to a florist armed with those elements in mind, along with inspirational pictures, you should be in good hands. Geeze, you'd think I was a florist. (Heh, I am).
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, I'm not particular on the flowers, I just want the colours to match. My sister-in-law is doing our bouquets so I just told her orange and cream flowers that are in season (since they will be cheaper) and she can decide what looks best together. I know I want at least one lily and one glad included (after my grandmothers) but the whole bouquet doesn't need to be those flowers.

For me, there are some details that I'm just not worrying about. I figure if I don't have an idea off hand, it's probably not that important (for the most part!). Flowers was one of the things that fell in the category. So have signs and card box. I want to have them at the wedding, but I don't want to spend lots of time thinking about and deciding on it.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try looking on pinterest for bouquets with the flower colours that you want and you might find a bouquet that you love and then you can go by the flowers that are in that bouquet. and if some of them aren't in season, ask your florist for some that are in season that looks similar in the same colours! that's what i did and i found the perfect bouquet, then i replaced a couple flowers that weren't the right colour in it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics