Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Strippers at the bachelor(ette) party

Joey, on January 14, 2019 at 09:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 34

This is a hot button issue, for sure! How would you feel about there being strippers at your SO's bachelor/ette party? Does this make you flip out? Or are you able to forget it?

Flip Out! It's just not necessary! You can have a great bach party with no strippers, so why have them? Bach parties aren't about celebrating someone's "last night of being single" - they aren't single, they're engaged!

Forget It! Your SO loves you. Seeing a stripper isn't going to make them cheat or look at you any differently.

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Strippers at the bachelor(ette) party 1

Photo by Haskell Photography

>>Click here to go to the next question, Critiques about your ring

>>Or start at the beginning here: Flip Out or Forget It?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on August 27, 2019 at 16:18
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flip out. Strippers don't align with our values. We aren't having any parties, but if that were to happen there would be a serious, Come-to-Jesus conversation.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out, but in the silent glare and leave way. I have only given my MOH/BM planning this two absolute no-go's (other was penis shaped food...one of my bridal tribe members is a trained chef and she could make it look TOO realistic....lol). This is one of those two thing and they have already promised no strippers. It's not something I am comfortable (but to each their own) and have told them if they hire one I will leave. Where they've already promised too, that would be disrespectful.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't be impressed. For me it's not about trust, I just find it very disrespectful and I think only losers pay $$ to see skin. Sorry if that offends anyone

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! Not worth getting strippers to enjoy an evening with friends and family. Besides, having to pay for someone to take their clothes off for a song doesn't justify it.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it- We are having a joint bachelor/bachelorette party so I know there wont be any there, but his friends are throwing him a surprise bachelor party and I have a feeling they will likely end up at a strip club and it doesn't really bother me, I know FH is indifferent-doesn't hate them doesn't love them

• Leah
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would honestly flip out. I don't think that's any way to start your marriage. Although I don't think he would like there being strippers at my Bachelorette! We've also have never been the partying type so we are both having pretty relaxed parties! And they're the day before haha

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This will definitely not happen at either but if it did I wouldn't really care. We are very open with each other so I wouldn't stress

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out. First, I agree with Robyn that I think it's a ridiculous and antiquated tradition that only objectifies women and entertains the notion that men are tied down when they get married. Second, my FH and I will have been together for 10 years by the time we're married - if he wanted to see naked women, he should have dated around. That said, although we haven't talked about it yet, he hasn't been to a strip club yet so I can't see him wanting to for a bach party.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made a pact together that we wouldn't have strippers and it was actually my fiance that suggested it! He's worried that our parties will automatically assume strippers for the bachelor/bachelorette, so we have both told the people planning ABSOLUTELY no strippers!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's how I feel, too. No big deal. I'm even dragging my fiance to one for his first time for my 30th with my best friend. 😂
  • Darcy
    Newbie June 2019 Virginia
    Darcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm ok with a strip club...not a private party at a residence. I've seen both and there is a HUGE difference. So if he wants to go to a club I don't care, I just think I'd rather not know.

I won't be doing it at mine, it's just not my thing. I will be hitting up some of the best Drag shows DC has to offer though. I can't WAIT!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! Why not let him let loose? We're a pretty open couple. They're strippers, not prostitutes.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eh. Forget it. I'd rather not know.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out. No shade to sex industry workers or anyone who is a fan of strip clubs, but strippers at a bach is some antiquated sexist bull born from and contributing to the absurd cultural myth that every man is reluctant to get 'tied down' and needs one last look at a strange woman's body before he shackles himself to one woman for the rest of his life. It's disrespectful to everyone involved, including the strippers.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it. It really doesn’t bother me. If someone planned strippers for mine I probably would because that’s so not my thing but if my fiancé wants to he can go for it!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its funny because I assumed this meant getting strippers for me! Hahaha!

I'm indifferent! I don't personally want a stripped for my bachelorette, but if my girls go for it I wont sulk I have a little fun! (just dont touch me lol)

Strippers at my FH's Bachelor party doesn't bother me either! I mean it's not something I would tell him he SOULD DO! But if I heard there were strippers/going to a strip club I would be like... ok go wash your hands... hahah!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd flip mostly because we've both agreed we don't want any, and its a joint bachelorette party. So if our MOHs went ahead and booked strippers without talking to us, it would be really awkward.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flip out. He didn’t want to so I would’ve been mad at his friends if they arranged to go somewhere he didn’t want to go for his bachelor! I didn’t want any, so I would’ve been upset if my friends had planned that for me.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't flip out, I don't care, we plan to go to strippers for mine

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't 'flip out'... however we talked about it, and there's such a double standard, but FH would be SO jealous if I went to male strippers, but people don't bat an eye at men going to strippers, and in my opinion, it's worse for female strippers. He agrees it's not a big deal to have/not have, and doesn't really care.

I trust my FH. So I wouldn't be worried about him doing something, I'm more worried about that rogue friend who thinks it's funny to try and push my FH to do something... or pay a girl to try and do something. (Drunk friends can be dumb).

Our stag/stagette are done, neither of us had strippers, and he doesn't feel like he missed out. Honestly, we've said we'd probably go out together to the strippers before bothering to go alone Smiley laugh

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it : It's entertainment.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually talked about this the other day and we wouldn't care if the other had strippers, even though it is highly unlikely lol.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flip out - I think its beyond disrespectful to your fiance. We have already talked about it and he feels the same way, we both are quite protective of each other in that way and I just dont believe its appropriate to have some dancer girl all over you when you're committed to someone who you're about to marry. - gross.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. If I didn't trust him completely I wouldn't marry him.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - I don't care at all. Look all you want, babe!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No strippers for either of us. Not our thing
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neither of us want strippers. I'd be so embarrassed, haha.

I wouldn't flip out as long as my fiancé is upfront about it.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg who cares. if you can’t trust them with something like that, maybe getting married isn’t the best idea.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If that's what he wanted, it wouldn't bother me. He's not a fan of them to begin with so I know it wouldn't happen.

I would for sure forget about it. He deserves to have fun and do what he wants for his last single party.

My Bachelorette will be super chill and laid back, so that will not be an issue.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd probably flip out, but not in the crazy jealous way people would probably think. My fiance and I talked about out bachelor/ette parties and both agreed on no strippers or anything like that. Neither of us want or are into that so it's not even a worry or anything. But I've also talked to my bridesmaids and they know that too so if they were to get a stripper I'd be mad at them for lying to me when they say they won't and disrespctit my wishes. So goes for the groomsmen, my fiance said no and if they do it I just think it's disrespectful.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not for me, and it’s not for my FH either so so as unlikely as I see it being, I wouldn’t freak out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics