Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayann
Curious July 2019 Ontario

Flats or Heels?

Rayann, on March 15, 2018 at 11:49 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 35
This is a huge dilemma for me! I don't know whether I should wearing flats or heels. What are you girls wearing? Im taller than my fiancé and I don't know what kind of shoes I should be wearing!

35 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 23, 2018 at 10:12
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear what you want, what you're comfortable in! What fits with your theme, and your dress? If it's long, you may need heels so it hangs properly and doesn't drag.

I'm not wearing shoes for the ceremony (we're getting married standing in a creek near a waterfall), and I'll probably just get flats for pictures, reception, etc. As soon as the dancing starts my shoes come off anyway!

• Yscat
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Yscat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 inch heels for ceremony and as long as I can last in them (sturdy thick heel with a strap and a bit of platform- manageble!) and changing into 2 inch wedges/sandles by Rieker ("antistress" brand). Now the question bothering me- which of the 2 should the dress be hemmed to ?? I also got my heels stretched just to be safe.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a small heel at the ceremony. I want my FH to be taller. But once at the reception I'll be wearing flats so i can dance lol
  • T
    Newbie October 2019 Alberta
    Tariann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of having both options. If the heals aren't crazy tall, you can totally pull off the same hemline... Also ,if you look at all the wedding photos, you can't really see the shoes because the hems are long . Soooo, switching to flats shouldnt matter. 😉
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A pair of each! Davids bridal had a buy one get one 50% off sale on their shoes.

Flats or Heels? 1

Flats or Heels? 2
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol well for sure you have to wear what's comfortable!!!! Smiley smile I'm sure you'll find what you love!!!!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing heels for the ceremony and then flats for the reception Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They were Blue by Betsey Johnson and I ordered them online!!

• Jennifer
    Newbie August 2022 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would opt for heels for the wedding ceremony and then change into flats if you're having a long reception and dancing. The heels add some nice height with the dress, and also I noticed a lot of photographers take pictures of the wedding shoes. The heels look nicer in the photos. I'm going to buy two pairs, one heels and one flats.

Hope it helps

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married outside so I opted for a tiny wedge heel in order to not fall over or get stuck in the grass. If I had opted for heels I would have had to have added length to my dress as well.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm starting off with heels but will quickly be changing into flats. I don't usually last long in heels.

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would love a pair of flats like these! They are so elegant !

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most likely going to go with flats just because its a comfort thing.

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ID LOVE TO WEAR BIRKENSTOCKS! My fiancé would probably be really upset if I did. Im most likely going to go with a nice white glittery pair of flats!

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree, flats is the way to go .

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There really nice but I just can't wear heels that long ! Ill get so annoyed

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds really nice! My fiancé wouldn't wear cowboy boots though ):

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When he proposed I was wearing heels and I felt like I towered over him thank god I brought heels because he told me to bring an extra pair of shoes! Im thinking of just going with nice flats and my dress will most likely be long and cover my shoes anyways.

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im thinking of buying flats from le chateau too! They're so cute!

• Rayann
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I get blisters every time I wear heels. Im really leaning towards flats and than Ill find a dress that will go well with flats!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The blister situation when I wear heels is pretty horrible. So I have bought some flats which I will wear for the whole thing. I am committed to the flats as I have had my dress hemmed for those shoes. I like the idea of heels and wish I could wear something dramatic but I know my feet and I don’t want pain on my wedding day.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have already purchased my sandals from le chateau. But my mom is saying that I should maybe wear some kind of heels for pictures. Not sure though.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taller then my FH too but wanted a kitten heel as I felt flats for the whole day may be too casual. And that's also all I can have as my dress is perfect length so heel can only be 1. 5 max! I'll probably take pics with him in flats though as I don't want to tower too much
  • Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So cute! May I ask where you got these from? Smiley smile
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One thing that we both agreed on right away was that we are both wearing cowboy boots.. super comfy.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've purchased these recently. They were surprisingly comfortable!! I usually can't be in super high heels but they didn't bother me at all! I love them so much I bought them in rose gold and black for other weddings and events I attend! They were on clearance too!!! I'll probably get flats as well in case!

Flats or Heels? 3
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% flats for me. I know I wouldn't last in heels and I love flats. I am also close in height with my FH.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love wearing heels - my ongoing joke is that at 5 feet tall I was born in stilettos. I haven't found them yet but will likely be wearing high heels for the majority of the day but will have a backup pair of flats just in case.

I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable in - I've had friends wear heels, running shoes, birkenstocks etc. You could always opt for a cute kitten heel as well!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wear what makes you comfortable! If you're concerned that you will look too tall in heels next to your FH at the alter, then go flats, if it doesn't bother you, wear heels.

My FH is 6ft and I'm a small 5'3, so there will be a bit of heels but also flats because I hate wearing heels lol.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll break the mould I'm going for sky high heels!

Flats or Heels? 4

HOWEVER, I am over a foot shorter than my partner and our entire bridal party is tall so I didn't want to look like a smurf in the photos. I also wear heels the majority of the time day to day as well so I will be pretty comfy.

Consider what type of footwear you normally wear and what type of ground you'll be walking on.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm 10000% going for flats. My dress is long so dazzling heels wouldn't be seen anyway. Also you'll be walking around and dancing so much that you'll want to be comfortable. Most people I know ended up buying a pair of flats to change into anyway, so I'm choosing just to buy one pair for the whole day Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't last long in heels, so I decided to go with flats straight from the get-go! It's also a great idea to think about your venue and whether you'll be walking outside on the grass or not!

My Bridal Flats!Flats or Heels? 5

Photo by Samantha Laffoon Photography

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics