Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle?

Hailey, on March 16, 2022 at 20:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 51

Are you planning on doing a first look or do you prefer to wait until you walk down the aisle to see your future partner? or are you doing something similar to a no look, first look?

I would love to hear what everyone is planning on doing!Smiley heart

My Fiance and I decided we are going to do a "No look first look, first touch" Where we will stand with a wall (we are using a barn) in between us and read a note to each other. My Fiance expressed how he wants to see me walking down the aisle and not do a first look so this is a happy medium.

The "No look first look, first touch"

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle? 1

The First look

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle? 2

Walking down the aisle

First look or wait until you walk down the aisle? 3

51 Comments

Latest activity by Hailey, on April 13, 2022 at 23:12
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwwww!!! That's so sweet ahaha my FH is the same way but we agreed the first touch and read each other a letter would be so special.... we can't hug just hold hands I think it'll be unique and a moment we will never forget.

I can see why he wants walking down the aisle for sure! I want to see my hubby to be as I walk down the aisle and hopefully not fall 🤣
  • Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH absolutely refuses to do a first look because he wants the first time he sees me to be the traditional walking down the aisle moment complete with tears and knowing I'm soon to be his wife. He just doesn't want the moment spoiled at all - I even suggested maybe doing a first touch kind of deal because I think that would be such a cute compromise, but he doesn't trust himself to not burst around the corner and just see me haha!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw nice Smiley smile Thats what my FH wants is to see my walking down the asile.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

oh my goodness I adore this!!! that is so special and unique!!! Im all about being unique thats all our wedding is so not the normal kind of wedding style.

That sounds so perfectSmiley heart

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! He doesn't want to see me until I walk down the aisle LOL so its a happy medium for both of us, We want to just do a letter/vow during the first touch, i think it'll be special to share an intimate moment without seeing each other. just holding hands.

I am pretty anxious too!! we are just going to do the regular vows I think.!

That sounds so lovely Smiley heart

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The closest thing I had to a 'first look' is about a 5-10 second look from a photo taken at my fiancee's dress fitting. We aren't doing any further 'first looks' - the next one will be on the wedding day.
  • Danielle
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww, a first touch is such a cute and lovely idea!

We are doing a first look to take pictures before the ceremony, it makes things simpler logistically. We are also going to exchange our personal vows with just each other during our first look, I am quite an anxious person so we wanted to have the intimate moment to ourselves. He also calms me down. Smiley smile

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that is a special moment, lovely. My FH and I have lived together for 5.5 years and we are a "mature" couple. I wanted to break tradition and reflect that we are on the road of life together as equals so we are walking down the aisle together (why should the bride get all the glory, let the groom get some attention you eh? Haha). So we'll do a first look before the ceremony and then away we go!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, that’s so special!! I did not go through those emotions. I am very weird emotionally. Hahaha. But I almost tested up at the end of my vows. I normally feel
    Emotions or excitement close to the time of an event. Hahah

You and your FH will be very happy and enjoy every moment together. That’s very exciting!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww that is sooo cute! haha I have a feeling I will end up tearing up for sure! the first time I tried my dress and everything with my shoes I had a huge moment i teared up a bit ahaha

I bet its such an amazing feeling you honestly cant explain seeing the person you love walk down the aisle! haaha thats funny you two were talking about it!

Aw thats so special Smiley heart Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahaha. That’s so funny!
    My hubby told me that he was not going to cry. But he was so happy to see me walk down the aisle and was a bit teary (he said something was going on with his eyes when he saw me). Hahaha. He said he can’t explain it when seeing the person walking down the aisle. We’re talking about it right now as I read your response. Hahaha!!

But we read our vows we wrote to each other. He cried a bit there. Hehehe! 🥰🥰
    Oh that’s lovely!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what my FH wants is down the aisle (i personally just want him to see me and cry... hes already told me he is going to cry lol)

Thank you Smiley smile we are going to read a note to eachother too!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohhhhh those are all lovely idea/photo ideas.
    We did first look down the aisle. Hubby wanted it to be that way instead and I liked the tradition and said why not. Hehehe.

Love the first touch for photoshoot too.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwww nice! That's awesome 💕 we did that as my fiancé wants to see me first when I walk down the aisle!
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing the same thing! No look but handholding with letters being read.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Singing before the ceremony sounds like it would fit perfect 🥰
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwww that is so cute! I love that so much ❤❤
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty sure we are going to do some version of a first look or first touch.. I am going to be surprising him by singing I Choose You by Sara Bareilles (while a friend plays guitar), and I am thinking that before the ceremony may make the most sense...

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    Aw nice!! That sounds lovely ❤ 😊
  • Bel
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a super cute idea! We are doing a first look, but we are doing most pictures before our ceremony because we want to enjoy the cocktail hour and we have two kids. We want them to be still good with taking photos before they get too tired. haha!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely will help for sure!thanks 💕🥰
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think too! Like once you have some notes down should be easyish to find the right order to put them in! Im glad I could help!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh thank you for the advice!!! I'll definitely start doing that when I think of things 💕🥰 I also don't know where I would start the letter so that should help me a bit too!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree! I knew if I tried to sit down and write it, my mind would be blank! So I find jotting down things when I think if them super helpful!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's a good idea! I might take that idea from you!there's a lot going on in my personal life so it might be good thing to try and think of some ideas to get stuff off my mind.. I find it hard sitting and trying to think of stuff to write so ideas coming to my head and doing note form might make it easier!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will be a good time to work on it! I've started taking notes when I think of something but that's it
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That definitely worked out for you! Sounds like it was an amazing day 🙂
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a wonderful plan! 😊
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely true for sure!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds perfect!!! 🥰❤
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so too!! I haven't yet! I have a week off work so was going to start working on it!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have always been on team first look. We really don't want to leave the party just as it starts to get pictures done. We have a smaller wedding guest list of our nearest and dearest and are looking forward to spending the day with them as much as getting married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics