Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Super June 2018 Alberta

First Glance Photos

Ashley, on October 30, 2017 at 12:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Are any other couples out there doing this?

My fiance and I have decided to do this to make it a little more romantic. About a half hour before the ceremony were going to meet up at our photo spot which just happens to be across the street from the venue, and were going to have a first look at each other with both of our parents there to see the reactions. It will be intimate and romantic.

Just a little confused on how to make this work. Do we shoot a video of it as well? We will defintely need 2 cameras going I know that much. So both of our reactions are caught on film. Thoughts ladies?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Charlene, on November 6, 2017 at 16:49
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No. I'd like him to see me for the first time when I'm walking down the aisle 💖
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is so beautiful! put me in tears!!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a first look and loved it!! After the wedding I actually cared way less about capturing that special moment because I cared way more about the fact that we got to hug, say hi, and just touch base before the ceremony. Things were crazy and I felt so much calmer after seeing him Smiley heart

We do have our first look included in our wedding video! (About 2:30 in)

undefinedundefined

Carolyn + Bryan, Pinehurst Resort

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats adorable!! i cant wait to do this!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do a first look but I like the idea of this as it can be captured in so many cute ways.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a first look before the ceremony but dont know if we will make a deal of it and have the photographer there or if it might just be a casual thing since we are doing all our photos before the ceremony...
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah, your photographer will know all about this and will help you. We aren't doing a first look because I want him to see me for the first time when I'm walking down the aisle. But we are doing something my photographer calls a "no look first look." We're going to pray together before the ceremony through a door or around a corner.

First Glance Photos 1
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a first look as well but haven't decided where we are going to do it.

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We captured it with one photographer, same as Stephanie described it. He had his back to me and I walked up and touched his shoulder and then he turned around and she got both of our reactions from the side. I'm so glad that we did it!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are doing video that day, I would suggest shooting a video of it, but I wouldn't pull out a video camera just for that moment. The times I have seen it, the bride has walked up to the groom's back, and when close enough, he turns around. This can be captured with one photographer, if you are close enough when he turns around. Although, if you are having two photographers anyway, then use them both. I would talk to the photographer as well--they have probably done it before and have some ideas of how they like to shoot it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics