Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Fiancé(e) Friday! Who introduced you to your future spouse?

Lynnie, on March 29, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 40

Whether it was love at first sight or a friendship that blossomed over time - it began with an introduction! Who was responsible for introducing you to your future spouse?

Was it a close friend, relative, co-worker, or did you both meet each other on your own?

Fiancé(e) Friday! Who introduced you to your future spouse? 1

Photo by Robert Demeter Photography in Burnaby, BC

40 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on July 5, 2019 at 03:34
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually met on a dating app in November! We met in person at my friend's bday 4 days later, had our first date 3 days after that, became official just over a week later and then he proposed on my birthday just after our 2 months. Short timeline for sure, but we just knew. I was even telling my mom for the first time just a few days before he proposed that we know we want to be together and that we have a good year or more before getting engaged. And here we are! 😁🤣
  • Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His best friend who was actually and "ex" of mine and a really close friend of both of ours. were all still friends to this day and he is the best man at the wedding

• NATASHIA
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    NATASHIA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He introduced himself, we met at work.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work when I was 16 but did not start dating until I was 19. We had both quick for school or other jobs and had come back. The timing was perfect.

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Best Man (my FH best friend). I knew his best friend in High School and I was talking to him a few years ago about my previous relationship which was really awful and abusive. He told me that I should meet his best friend who he initially introduced as his cousin because that's how close they are. Our first date was awful because my FH isn't the most outgoing or talkative person especially if he doesn't know you, where as I never shut up. We decided to give it another go and here we are 4 years later getting married!

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad!

I had gotten out of a terrible relationship and a couple months later my dad said he had a guy working on the same job site that I just HAD to meet. I was super hesitant but eventually agreed to meet this guy seeing as how my dad has never done that before.

We had our first date (which lasted 6 hours), and we both knew right away that it was going to be our last first date..as super cheesy as that is Smiley love .

Needless to say, it was an automatic YES when my FH asked for my dads permission to purpose.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I remember meeting him outside of work. He was new and outside smoking, and my mom had just dropped me off. I waited until she drove off so I could smoke, and I ended up chatting with him. It was definitely not love at first sight, but a couple months later we were together Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at a game night through mutual friends Smiley smile

Me and my coworkers had a girls game night but my friend whose house we were at had her husband home at the time and he didn't want to be the only male there so he called his friend Kael over to join him or go out - but turns out Kael was taking a sober month so they both stayed and played games! It was flirting from the get go and then at the end of the night he offered me and my friend a ride home but I rode shotgun and he dropped her off first (even though it would have made sense to drop me off first), and then we went for some food at McDonalds

I love how we met Smiley smile Still can't believe our first date was the night we met and it was at McDonalds - my parents first date was also at a McDonalds Smiley tongue

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on a "dating" ap... We texted for a few weeks. Then went on a few dates... And a few months later we got engaged
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He worked at the grocery store by my house. my sister worked with him there, but refused to introduce us when i asked her about him. a couple months later, i took matters into my own hands, sending him a message on fb from my sisters account telling him i thought he was cute and giving him my number. keep in mind i was 17 and in grade 12 hahahahha we started texting on that thursday night, had our first date, which was essentially a blind date, on the sunday and have been together ever since 🥰
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was my brother. I was going to visit my brother one weekend. The day before I left he asked if I wanted to catch a ride with his friend to save gas money. A ten-hour round trip with a stranger will either be completely boring or really interesting. Thankfully for us, it was the latter!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A mutual friend introduced us.
    That friend and I dated for 5 years on our 20’s and 12 years later after meeting through that introduction we reconnected and started a relationship.
  • Mimi
    Curious October 2020 Alberta
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend/My soul sister/My MOH although she was introducing me to fiancée for a job cuz I was looking for a job and fiancée was the manager. 😂 then fiancée told me that they are not hiring anymore (apparently because she didn’t want to hire me... she fell in love with me as soon as I walked in)
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one introduced us. Well, not really (We had a slight introduction because she was going to be my supervisor..) We met when she started working at our workplace!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one introduced us; we met at a former workplace. Smiley smile

(Former for me, anyway!)

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Met randomly on a secret sharing app the day my ex husband and I split up.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love reading everyone’s stories! My brother actually hired me after me begging him for a job as I had been jobless for several months. Nobody knew I was his sister for a long time. My first day of work, I was waiting at the wrong entrance and it made me seem late. So I gave him heck for not showing me the back door. At this point my FH was peeking around the corner like who is this sassy girl talking to the boss like that 😂 He was in a relationship at the time and I had zero interest in him. He would randomly talk to me and I actually thought he was a bit odd. I was eventually moved into the office and that’s when things changed. He eventually ended his relationship to pursue the sassy new girl 🥰
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We worked together - I remember seeing him on day I went in for my interview and thinking he was absolutely gorgeous. We were never actually formally introduced though - my supervisor was a total idiot - so I had to figure out his name by process of elimination and studying the schedules Smiley xd

• F
    Newbie September 2020 British Columbia
    Fiona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re in the same program, we met on the third day of classes and I was studying in a common area and he came up to me and just started talking lol and we talked for 4 hours. He’d pointed out to one of his friends that he thought I was cute earlier that day and so she told him to go buy me instead of trying to get her to hang out with him 😂 so thanks to that we’ve been together for 2 years and now we’re engaged!
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work! I was a cashier and he just started in the garden centre. We chatted for a little while and I found out he recently moved to Toronto from Georgia. I wanted to date him immediately so I offered him rides home even through I lived on the other side of the city, tried to take my lunches when he took his, etc., It took a little while before our relationship got serious but I knew from the beginning he was going to be different. Cant wait to marry him!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best man! We all worked in the same place, different companies but same location and had for years but we never met or even noticed each other. One day I was hanging out with another friend from the same location who sent out a snap of us and the best man told us to come hang out. I didn't want to but somehow he managed to convince me to, so I did and thank goodness I did!!
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on YouTube 10 years ago. Back then, YouTube had a messaging system and I was on his randomly generated "mailing list". I clicked on his video, became a subscriber and the rest is history.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We worked together. He started while I was on vacation, so I met him before a meeting when I came back.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met because we both worked at the same mall and he would always walk by the kiosk where I worked and said hi. After a couple months I introduced myself Smiley smile

• Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!LOL they say you find the one when you are least expecting it! hahaha

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in college when a mutual friend introduced us. He was supposed to meet his buddy at the gym but his friend's class ran late so he tagged along with her when she came to visit me. Who knows when/if we would have met if his friend wasn't late.

• T
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Tianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my FH through my ex boyfriend - I was going over to my boyfriends to meet a couple of his friends, and there was my FH standing in the kitchen (he was in a relationship). After a year, my boyfriend and I broke up and a few months later my FH's relationship ended.
    We continued to stay friends & help each other with our breakups. - he asked me out once or twice a month to go out with him for 2 1/2 years. I ended up asking him to go out with me - 7 months later we were in engaged!

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FMIL moved from BC to teach at my small high school in SK, she told my class a lot of stories about her family and golden retriever. When my FH and his family moved to live in SK, I introduced myself right away to him. We were friends for a few years, then we started going out in our last year of high school and have been together since!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deff a blossom over time! We started working together and became friends after about 2 years when we got changed to the same shifts! And then love grew from there!

His one rule was "don't date a coworker"

I love to rub it in his face now hahaah!!!

• S
    Curious August 2019 British Columbia
    Svetlana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and two of his friends caught me after a physics class in first year university to meet me so he introduced himself Smiley smile been friends for almost 3 years and will be married after 1 year and 9 months of dating
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tinder "introduced" us!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol we were introduced by my ex's roommate! She was a mutual friend and introduced us at her birthday party. She was closer to my ex than me so we didn't talk much after I broke up with my ex. When we did break up, she actually told my FH that I'm no good and to not date me - he proceeded to do the complete opposite and we're getting married in just over 6 months now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics