Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super August 2018 Alberta

Family Photos

Jennifer, on April 26, 2018 at 10:22

Posted in Plan a wedding 40

Hey ladies! Who are you including in your family photos on your big day? I know we want to ensure to get professional photos taken with our parents and grandparents but I have a feeling my grandma is going to want the whole family (I have an aunt and uncle and my aunt has three kids). We’re really...

Hey ladies!

Who are you including in your family photos on your big day?
I know we want to ensure to get professional photos taken with our parents and grandparents but I have a feeling my grandma is going to want the whole family (I have an aunt and uncle and my aunt has three kids). We’re really close and she gets a family photo at every event.
If we start including aunts, uncles and cousins I’m worried it’s going to get out of control or take a long time. My fiancé’s Dad for example has 9 siblings and they all have children. Where should we draw the line? Are you including aunts and uncles or just the parents and grandparents? How do would you tell someone that someone else isn’t included?

Thanks!

40 Comments

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I like the idea of telling them to be there for photos ahead of time and not chasing people around for photos lol I refuse to do that on our wedding day!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m glad to hear this is the trend, it makes me feel less guilty. I’m an only child and my fiancé has one brother whose in our wedding party so our one sibling will definitely be included as well haha.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to do immediate family and grandparents. We won’t be doing all of our cousins, but we’re going to do one with my mom’s sister and her family because we took a professional family photo with them a few years ago, so my grandparents want an updated one. But we’re drawing the line there! It would be too much work to do all of my FH’s cousins.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea maybe I'll ask my grandma or stepdad (her son) to do this too. Thanks!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only did immediate family, so like brothers, sisters and their children. We went to another location to get our pictures done (a nearby park) and only let those know who we wanted photos with where they would be. That really helped with not getting photos with everyone.

My mom ended up wanting a family photo with her side at the reception, which I hadn't planned, so I made her organize everyone and told her to tell me when she's ready, so that I could focus my time on other things like dancing and such.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Man, I never even thought of this!

I just assumed it would be, parents, grandparents and siblings...plus our wedding party and just bunch of shots of us

Now that you mention it maybe my grandmas will want with everyone too... That's like half my guest list!

I think you should have these conversation pre-wedding. talk to your grandma/aunts/uncles and tell them that because of time constraints you will not have time to do all the different pictures and that if they want some specific then they need to make sure everyone is on board and on the same page. I would just do: be there or be squared. you shouldn't have to be chasing people all over the place for photos.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So our photos consist of bridal party. Siblings parents and grandparents. That is it. I have made it very clear to both sides we only have the photographer for 4 hours and we are getting married at 615 reception at 7/730. And we aren’t doing first look photos. I told them I am paying the photographer to make sure he gets a lot of photos of my fiancé and myself.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having it with my parents, my siblings, my grandparents. He is having his parents, his siblings, his grandparents. Then it will be our siblings with us, our parents with us and our grandparents with us. That's all we have. We are still working on it and will go over it with the photographer for some pointers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics